How the hell is the ATI 4570 better than my Nvidia GT 330m

On tryouts of a Sony Vaio SR55 series which has the ATi 4570 512MB chip in it, it performs better playing COD MW2 than my other Vaio CW2 series which has the 330GT in it. What on earth is going on there.

The processor is different, the SR has a P8800 while the CW2 has the i3 - but surely it should not make a difference. ??!!

6 Comments

Original Poster

dcx_badass

The 330 is junk that's why. I'm not really sure what you are asking that … The 330 is junk that's why. I'm not really sure what you are asking that common sense couldn't answer.

Well, basically I was after someone who may have experienced the 4570 and could provide some feedback. On paper, the 330GT is not crap like you have said, it is a medium high rated card, which should not be performing poorly.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

It's lowend and in a laptop....

Link

Ranked 67 on notebook check, medium high thank you very much.

Original Poster

mumbojumbo

The GT 330M should be better all else being equal...Are the drivers … The GT 330M should be better all else being equal...Are the drivers installed correctly? I know my card wouldn't update until I installed the generic Microsoft drivers instead of the manufacturer's one!

It has the correct drivers in it but sony use different driver versions which stops me updating to the latest.

Thanks for your reply, will look into it.

I wouldnt't touch any laptop with an NVIDA graphics chip in due to the overheating problems.

Your talking about two different specced laptops with different mobos effecting the laptop surely its like comparing cheese with chalk. Every component will effect each other you need full specs on both laptops to source the problem really.

Original Poster

Adam2050

Your talking about two different specced laptops with different mobos … Your talking about two different specced laptops with different mobos effecting the laptop surely its like comparing cheese with chalk. Every component will effect each other you need full specs on both laptops to source the problem really.

Not really to be honest, the processors are working very similar, the HDD is faster on the sony. I think it is because they are using really old versions of the drivers to be honest.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was using the chip.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764064
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846107
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2132
    4. Sad news about Barcelona1867

See more discussions