How to advertise a website?

Found 17th Oct 2011
Can someone give me some help and advise for advertising my husbands photography website?

What is the best way to get in out there and what websites are useful to help with very little budget for advertising?

Thanks in advance, Sam
Community Updates
MiscWeb Hosting
13 Comments
Original Poster Banned
whatsThePoint

ask google

Thanks have done that but many services come up regarding paid services and SEO that cost the world
Can we have a look at it ?
no self promotion allowed
What photography does he do?

Wedding, get in with wedding planners
Portraits, get in with schools, sports clubs

Original Poster Banned
Ellie Phant

Can we have a look at it ?

Yeah sorry don't want to post it here, already seen the rules

It basically is a wedding photography website in the North West
Get lots of reciprocol links to similar (photograpy) websites will help a lot.
Facebook/Twitter.

Use those platforms to make it easier for your clients to share and access the photos with friends and family (lower quality) which should then increase traffic to your website and services?
Edited by: "PhearFactor" 17th Oct 2011
deleted193256
get cheap merchandise made with the site's name on it, and give em out free, maybe after Sunday Mass
pens always work well, because people are always borrowing pens off each other
Edited by: "deleted193256" 17th Oct 2011
PhearFactor

Facebook/Twitter.Use those platforms to make it easier for your clients … Facebook/Twitter.Use those platforms to make it easier for your clients to share and access the photos with friends and family (lower quality) which should then increase traffic to your website and services?

I agree, I found a photographer on Facebook to take some nice pics of my kids and through me going several of my friends went as they loved the pics. A lot of people advertise on there now.
Go to local wedding fairs, and facebook, probably the best ways to advertise. He is setting up in a pretty saturated market though, I know so many wedding photographers in the Northwest.
Twitter, except it says right now "Twitter is over capacity.

Please wait a moment and try again. For more information, check out Twitter Status »
There are many guides on how to do SEO yourself.

Has the site been submitted to all of the search engines?
Has it got Meta Tags?
Also Google adwords and ppc advertising can work.

The best form of advertising at very little cost is organically showing high up in search engines.
This requires a well constructed website that is standards complaint and also a lot of time on your part working on people linking to your site that is relevant to your business.
Example for links would be schools, councils and depending on what type of photography, even venues.
Could you pm me the website address?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants