How to avoid customs and tax on ordering phones from China

Found 3rd Jan
I have ordered a mobile from gearbest and would like to know what options to choose to avoid being stung by customs tax.

There is
Unregistered mail
SingPost Registered
Belgium Post Registered

Which on is the best method to choose when avoid tax or are they all the same as tax is random.

I am just checking cause last time i ordered i got stung as I used DHL! They declare everything
Community Updates
AskPhones
Top comments
Just don’t buy high value item from China. Will work out better in the long run.
9 Comments
Just don’t buy high value item from China. Will work out better in the long run.
Bit late as you say you've ordered it.
unregistered gives the best chance, but legally it is always due so you should factor it in to the cost of the item to see if you are getting a good deal
I sense another “I’ve been scammed by Gearbest” post on the horizon.
I don't know why people complain about china retail scams. We are scammed by the whole uk consumer retail market every single day.

Anyway i always leave the delivery method on default choice, never had cutoms charge yet... Crosses fingers.
Pay your tax
alankfc0211 h, 3 m ago

Just don’t buy high value item from China. Will work out better in the l …Just don’t buy high value item from China. Will work out better in the long run.

I advise buy made in Great Britain
Generally speaking it's Fed Ex and DHL that are more inclined to check the value of your package and apply tax accordingly. However, you should always factor in tax when buying goods over the £15 limit.
Return the item and you don't pay tax.

...Now, what you return the package with is none of my business
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions