Groups

How to avoid sony update and still play online (applies to phat ps3)

run the LG5tool.exe
    click on the firmware update box so its checked
    then click start proxy it will show you ur ip address
    go to ps3 and click network settings
    click on internet connection settings
    click on the custom method
    click wireless or wired (what ever you are using)
    #wireless only: click scan
    #select your wireless conection (ssid)
    # confirm ur ssid(network name)
    #select your security settings and fill out your password and user name
    click automatic for "ip adress settings"
    click do not set for "DHCP hst name"
    click automatic for "dns settings"
    click auto matic for "mtu"
    click use for "proxy server"
    type in your ip address that shows in LG5tool itll be something like "192.168.x.xxx" (the x are numbers that are different for every one for example mine is 192.168.1.110)
    click enable for "upnp"
    then test your connection

Screw sony.

43 Comments

what's this all about ?

mrtootough;8262977

what's this all about ?

NOT bricking your PS3 yo :thumbsup:

Shima

Original Poster

A new update is out.
    The update is bricking ps3 and removing sound. Along with the new feature of removing features (all the update does is remove a feature).

do you need to be using linux first?

Original Poster

landofdan;8263025

do you need to be using linux first?

No.

where do you dind the LG5tool thingymajig.

does this have to be done every time you want to go online?

Have you tried this electrixlinux? did you have any problems playing online?

electriclinux;8263037

Screw sony

I find that kinda funny.....lol:-D

Original Poster

Spriggan;8263070

Have you tried this electrixlinux? did you have any problems playing … Have you tried this electrixlinux? did you have any problems playing online?

I am all good....got crushed on bomberman ultra though. :oops:
    But then again *technically only 6 atm*
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m316/GuttermouthSIN/Good_Luck_Im_Behind_7_Proxies.jpg

Cheers mate, will do this when I get back from work. Can you upload the LG5tool tool on rapidshare or something? I don't really want to register on that hax network website just to download it.

if I don't do it, will the PS3 be bricked ?

not working for me

nice, I dont wanna lose my linux thing even though I have yet to do much on it lol

Original Poster

shanecr;8263219

not working for me

Can we use descriptions to explain the problem?
    They isn't much to go on from that sentence.

electriclinux;8263251

Can we use descriptions to explain the problem? They isn't much to go on … Can we use descriptions to explain the problem? They isn't much to go on from that sentence.

in the settings to test connection it says i need the install the update. when i come out and try sign in to the psn store i get error 80711008

Spriggan;8263156

Can you upload the LG5tool tool on rapidshare or something? .

]http//ra…zip

How to use:
    [LIST=1]
    [*]run the LG5tool exe
    [*]click on the frimware update box so its checked
    [*]then click start proxy it will show you ur ip adress
    [*]go to ps3 and click network settings
    [*]click on internet connection settings
    [*]click on the custom method
    [*]click wireless or wired (what ever you are using)
    [*]#wireless only: click scan
    [*]#select ur wireless conection (ssid)
    [*]# confirm ur ssid(network name)
    [*]#select your security settings and fill out ur password and ursername
    [*]click automatic for "ip adress settings"
    [*]click do not set for "DHCP hst name"
    [*]click automatic for "dns settings"
    [*]click auto matic for "mtu"
    [*]click use for "proxy server"
    [*]type in your ip adress that shows in LG5tool itll be somthing like "192.168.x.xxx" (the x are numbers that are diffrent for every one for example mine is 192.168.1.101)
    [*]click enable for "upnp"
    [*]then test your conection
    [/LIST]

Sign In then uncheched frimware update box and Sign in

Original Poster

Found this video, might help.
    youtube.com/wat…ded

i'll try this later, thanks.

ok, got it. should skip the 'test connection' part of that list. just exit it.

sorted and online now! works even on wired ..... REPPED!

Original Poster

Give them hell lads, give them hell.
    http://emperordecker.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/last-stand.jpg

Banned

you know this wont last for long dont you.....

a lot of new games come with the latest firmware on the disc.......before you will be able to play you will have to upgrade firmware

sorry to be the bringer of doom but lets be realistic about the situation

Original Poster

Custom firmware.
    http://images.cafepress.com/image/13970784_400x400.jpg

Banned

iam i missing something,updated today before id seen this and.......no problems ,still works ,still plays games!

Banned

RFC;8267206

iam i missing something,updated today before id seen this and.......no … iam i missing something,updated today before id seen this and.......no problems ,still works ,still plays games!

no its an optional update.......atm

casparwhite;8266512

you know this wont last for long dont you.....a lot of new games come … you know this wont last for long dont you.....a lot of new games come with the latest firmware on the disc.......before you will be able to play you will have to upgrade firmwaresorry to be the bringer of doom but lets be realistic about the situation

This is true for PSP titles to force the user to upgrade to the minimum version required to use the UMD-based game, but I have never seen a PS3 Blu-ray Disc force a minimum firmware release.

With which "new games" have you seen this approach?

I can only think of "M.A.G" as an example of a recent title as that is an online only game & would not be able to be played without logging-in to the PlayStation Network first.

BFN,

fp.

RFC;8267206

iam i missing something,updated today before id seen this and.......no … iam i missing something,updated today before id seen this and.......no problems ,still works ,still plays games!

casparwhite;8267255

no its an optional update.......atm

Without upgrading to firmware 3.21 (or using a Proxy-bypass method as described above) you will not be able to log-on to the PlayStation Network.

BFN,

fp.

Banned

fanpages;8267697

This is true for PSP titles to force the user to upgrade to the minimum … This is true for PSP titles to force the user to upgrade to the minimum version required to use the UMD-based game, but I have never seen a PS3 Blu-ray Disc force a minimum firmware release.With which "new games" have you seen this approach? I can only think of "M.A.G" as an example of a recent title as that is an online only game & would not be able to be played without logging-in to the PlayStation Network first.BFN,fp.

my apologies i appear to have missed out a "will"

trust you to pick up on it:)

Mr Sony:santa:

i have heard gow 3 will have it on the disc tho

Original Poster

Everyone remember
    The sony secret I carry in my brain
    I keep in a safe deposit with a padlock and chain.

casparwhite;8267747

...i have heard gow 3 will have it on the disc tho

I sold my "God of War Collection" before "God of War III" was released as I tried to see the attraction in the franchise but failed to do so after a couple of hours game-play of "God of War" & running through the E3 Demo of "God of War III" twice.

Currently there are no online features in "God of War III" although there are screen images available "on the Web" from a French magazine showing a selection of images of proposed downloadable content that may introduce (offline or even online) multiplayer aspects. It looks like the content may be similar to the "Batman: Arkham Asylum" or "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" Challenge Map/Room mini games.

Nothing has been confirmed by Sony yet... and probably won't be until the content is ready to be made available for download.

(Of course you'll need to connect to the PlayStation Network at that time to use the PlayStation Store to download the new content)

BFN,

fp.

If you dont want to upgrade to the latest PS3 firmware (regardless of whether you use the Other OS feature, it provides no other benefit) you can still get on the PSN by pointing to 67.202.81.137 as your primary DNS.

Not claiming responsibility for this method (or if your PS3 disappears into a black hole as a result) but I've tested it and it works.

[img]images.buycostumes.com/mge…350,0xffffff[/img]

Original Poster

http://dontbetonit.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/la-resistance1.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/live_together_die_alone_tshirt-p2359731018743283574jn8_400.jpg

Sony have now blocked this method. i need an mw2 fix.......update???

shanecr;8361365

Sony have now blocked this method. i need an mw2 fix.......update???

Yeah just update and then use a computer for your Other OS needs.

DarkKnight;8361394

Yeah just update and then use a computer for your Other OS needs.

i cant. there's a conspiracy. the US goverment have blown up my computer just to start a war in my living room. So i need my ps3 :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1224
      2. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay1017
      3. Easyjet - book now or wait?22
      4. Legal advice?79

See more discussions