Groups

How to avoid the almost unavoidable £5 per person per flight Ryanair booking fee rip-off

Fed up with being ripped off by Ryanair whenever you fix a flight?

Here's the account you need - Halifax Easycash. The important bit is that it comes with a Visa Electron debit card - the only card that allows you to avoid the £5 per passenger per flight that Ryanair charge for other cards. So 4 passengers on a return flight comes to £40 on top of all the usual Ryanair add-ons - just for paying them! With the Visa Electron debit card, there's no charge, but only because very few people have one. Details below:

Some people want easy access to their money but don't need an overdraft or a full branch service. If that sounds like you and you're over 16, the Easycash account could suit you down to the ground.

Here's a quick look at what you can do with an Easycash bank account.

You can:

* get a Visa Electron debit card pay for your shopping and withdraw up to £300 cash from any cash machine that shows the LINK sign.
    * access your account day or night with our 24-hour online and telephone banking service
    * arrange standing orders and direct debits and set up bill payments.
    * have your salary or benefits paid straight into your account.
    * pay cash notes and cheques into your account using our Immediate Deposit Machines and Express Pay-In boxes.

18 Comments

It's an account NOT a deal !! :?

You need to prove ID and income / wages to open this account ( I know I applied). :x

Far easier to use entropay.com/ , instant online Visa Electron debit card

Moved to misc

big-boy;5238082

It's an account NOT a deal !! :?You need to prove ID and income / wages … It's an account NOT a deal !! :?You need to prove ID and income / wages to open this account ( I know I applied). :xFar easier to use http://www.entropay.com/ , instant online Visa Electron debit card

Don't you have to pay to add money to the card?

big-boy;5238082

It's an account NOT a deal !! :?You need to prove ID and income / wages … It's an account NOT a deal !! :?You need to prove ID and income / wages to open this account ( I know I applied). :xFar easier to use http://www.entropay.com/ , instant online Visa Electron debit card

i opened this account with no wages going in

loupomm;5238706

i opened this account with no wages going in

Yes. Just opened one.

sorry i didnt mean the entro pay, i meant the Halifax easycash

I have one of these halifax electon cards appied on line for it didnt have prove any thing to get it

abbey national also offers visa electron cards..i got it a long time ago when i was about 14..and still have it. not sure what the conditions are..but it`s great for booking ryanair flights if anyone wants any 1p flights booked anytime just lemme know..i can do it for you!

EntroPay Account FeesOpen an EntroPay Account Free Create an EntroPay … EntroPay Account FeesOpen an EntroPay Account Free Create an EntroPay Virtual Card Free Load an EntroPay Card from a personal credit or debit card 4.95% Receive money from a merchant onto an EntroPay Card 1.95% Transfer between EntroPay Cards $0.20 / £0.10 / €0.15 Spend using an EntroPay Card Free Return money to a personal credit or debit card $6.00 / £3.00 / €4.50 Destroy an EntroPay Virtual Card Free

Seems a bit pricey to use?

smaua;5244107

abbey national also offers visa electron cards..i got it a long time ago … abbey national also offers visa electron cards..i got it a long time ago when i was about 14..and still have it. not sure what the conditions are..but it`s great for booking ryanair flights if anyone wants any 1p flights booked anytime just lemme know..i can do it for you!

We need more posters like you!:thumbsup:

I just purchased a Barclaycard gift card which is a Visa Electron.

I recently applied for it and received an online username and password to 'complete registration'.
    They didn't say anything about the card. Is it just online account or will I be receiving card shortly?

Thanks!

Banned

the whole world knows about this no?

bykergrove;5915200

the whole world knows about this no?

No.

Yes! I received mine today!!!! Very glad :)))))))

With the Visa Electron debit card, there's no charge, but only because … With the Visa Electron debit card, there's no charge, but only because very few people have one

I hardly suspect that that is the reason why there's no charge. It's more likely to do with the charges made to Ryanair by the banks. Ryanair make the charge for using other cards so as to cover their costs.

cis_groupie;5921164

I hardly suspect that that is the reason why there's no charge. It's … I hardly suspect that that is the reason why there's no charge. It's more likely to do with the charges made to Ryanair by the banks. Ryanair make the charge for using other cards so as to cover their costs.

I hope you are not being serious..

in any case, thanks to this post I've already saved £20 since then, what is awesome!!!!!!

THANK YOU!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions