Groups

How to backup data from ps3 console?

As title, how do I backup saved game data from a ps3 console? It's the 60gb model.

Cheers

13 Comments

You've posted in "Feedback".

You use the "Back facility" on the XMB(System settings).

Banned

thesaint;7635279

You've posted in "Feedback".You use the "Back facility" on the XMB(System … You've posted in "Feedback".You use the "Back facility" on the XMB(System settings).

If you want to back up a gamesave

goto save data utility on the game section on the xmb

triangle and copy to a usb pen

if you want a full back up

use an external hdd or a a usb pen that is fairly big for what you want to keep

it takes around 1 hour to do a full back up,

Original Poster

Oops thanks sigma.
    And thanks you both. Rep for the help. I'll give it a go

ele-font;7635508

Oops thanks sigma.And thanks you both. Rep for the help. I'll give it a go

If I remember rightly, when I tried to save some of my game saves from my 60GB machine to my 120GB one, there were a few that couldn't be copied, so I lost those ones.

Banned

thesaint;7635526

If I remember rightly, when I tried to save some of my game saves from my … If I remember rightly, when I tried to save some of my game saves from my 60GB machine to my 120GB one, there were a few that couldn't be copied, so I lost those ones.

If you do a full back up they copy over, I think i found it's mostly EA games that are copy locked if you are only backing up game saves :thumbsup:

dj_urban;7635538

If you do a full back up they copy over, I think i found it's mostly EA … If you do a full back up they copy over, I think i found it's mostly EA games that are copy locked if you are only backing up game saves :thumbsup:

Okay, thanks for that.
    I only had 8GB memory sticks at the time, so I couldn't do a full back up, just a few GB's at a time.

If I had known, I would have waited until I could get my hands on an external hard drive.

Banned

thesaint;7635559

Okay, thanks for that.I only had 8GB memory sticks at the time, so I … Okay, thanks for that.I only had 8GB memory sticks at the time, so I couldn't do a full back up, just a few GB's at a time.If I had known, I would have waited until I could get my hands on an external hard drive.

Same with me when I got my ps3 replaced by Sony
    was a right pain I'd completed nfsps at that time lol

Forgot to mention that some game saves are psn ID locked also ( due to trophy's on games now )

Original Poster

Is a normal 4gb USB flash pen going to be enough to backup guys?

dj_urban;7635588

Forgot to mention that some game saves are psn ID locked also ( due to … Forgot to mention that some game saves are psn ID locked also ( due to trophy's on games now )

Which means...

ele-font;7635667

Is a normal 4gb USB flash pen going to be enough to backup guys?

Save data? Yes.
    Full back up? Depends what you have on your PS3s' HDD

Original Poster

thesaint;7635693

Save data? Yes.Full back up? Depends what you have on your PS3s' HDD

Good point. Says I need 21gb more..Hmmmm :whistling:

Banned

you could delete all content and leave your game save's on the ps3 and back up that way

if you can keep what you need and keep it under 8GB

If you delete your game install data ( include's game updates ) which can be reinstalled and updated again,

ele-font;7635837

Good point. Says I need 21gb more..Hmmmm :whistling:

Get what you can on your PC by copying bit by bit (Films, music etc) and then delete it from the console. Then do a full back up.

Banned

thesaint;7635693

Which means...

If you make a new PSN ID you will be unable to use that game save, Unless it is from your original PSN ID that the save was made on.

Most saves now are Locked to PSN ID'S think it is so there are no cheating by gaining trophy's etc over the PSN
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2991053
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33180
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846324
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764574

See more discussions