Groups

How to backup sent emails in outlook 2007

Is it possible to backup sent emails in Outlook 2007. Looked on the net and managed to find this tool from MS but it only states it backups up the Inbox, Calendar and Contacts?

office.microsoft.com/en-…spx

Thanks for any advice :-)

8 Comments

create a PST file and move to the new PST and then do a backup of the PST

Original Poster

Does the PST file also include SENT emails as it states on the link i've provided (PST backup tool) that it only does Inbox, Calendar and Contacts :thinking:

steevieboy4u;8298986

Does the PST file also include SENT emails as it states on the link i've … Does the PST file also include SENT emails as it states on the link i've provided (PST backup tool) that it only does Inbox, Calendar and Contacts :thinking:

One other option... depending what format you require the backed up items in....

Select all emails, copy and paste into a dir of your choice..

That way you have a copy of all emails. however if trying to locate an email at a later date its harder to find..

once you have created your PST copy the items into the new pst and back that file up

BPD;8299124

once you have created your PST copy the items into the new pst and back … once you have created your PST copy the items into the new pst and back that file up

& make sure outlook is closed before trying to backup or error will state file in use. be aware that .pst's are error prone should outlook crash etc. try not to let them get anything over a gig in size.

MS kindly dont support psts so that tells you a lot.......

also make sure that the PST does not go over 1.8 gig or you are asking for trouble

This works with Outlook 2010 beta, can't remember if it works on 2007.
    Go to sent items folder.
    Select (mark) all files.
    Forward to yourself.
    You should end up with all your sent files, in one email, in your inbox (or junk).
    In future , c.c. yourself
    Hope this helps.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the tips i'll give them a try :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions