Found 2nd Jan
Hi guys,

I seem to remember seeing deals on here in the past (Spotify deals if my memory serves but I could be wrong!), where the deal is for students only. I'm sure HUKD members recommended certain 'loopholes', perhaps cheap online courses, that would help one acquire a student 'status'. My local gym does massive discounts for student membership and times are hard, so i thought if it's achievable, why not!

Any advice appreciated ☺

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

Don't wash and drink plenty of cheap booze. X)

Just sign up to nus extra

I'd check your local gym requirements before paying for any courses. My local requires a stamped letter from the college/uni confirming you are a student. NUS cards or student ID aren't good enough as you may have started a course and dropped out before your card expires.

See if you can get access to your gym via payasugym, mine works out at a good tenner cheaper per month plus I get access to quite a few others as well!

NUSextra ask you to state your educational establishment & course end date but do not appear to verify any details. If you wish to add a degree of legitimacy to an NUSextra application, buy a £0 course from Shaw as NUSextra sign-up allows you to select "The Shaw Academy" as your establishment, the rest of your details can be random / Mickey Mouse (didn't a HUKD member said they obtained an NUSexra card using an ID photo and name of Mr. Michael Mouse?).
shawacademy.com/
cards.nusextra.co.uk/

don't forget u need pay for a nus card in first place not sure what the fee is though

NUSextra membership pricing: 1yr = £12, or 2yr = £22, or 3yr £32.

Original Poster

Great, thanks for all the advice! I'll give the gym a ring in the morning and verify requirements first, thank you all
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions