how to buy from mexican Nintendo eshop (and other regions)

Found 27th Jan
Seeing as Mexico seems to have many of the best switch deals I did a bit of
playing around last night and managed to get it working for me. I don't think this has been submitted before but apologies if it has.

1. Setup a second Nintendo user/account for your switch using a spare email account
2. Setup a new PayPal account using that email with location of Mexico and use the embassy as your address/phone number.
3.I was able to use two methods to add funds, my AIB debit card or
sending money from my Irish PayPal account. There was only a few cent
difference and compared to eshop-prices.com there was about 5%
surcharge ie. Celeste cost €16.18 as opposed to €15.40.
4.If you want to use another region that won't work with revolut simply
change the Nintendo account to that location and create a new PayPal
account for that region.

Gorogoa is about £6 using this method
Community Updates
MiscGaming
26 Comments
Cheers
Nice!! Was gonna set up a PayPal at some point and try this so good to hear it works, will try later 🏼
Hi, thanks for the tip. what embassy address did you use?
ejadaddy2 m ago

Hi, thanks for the tip. what embassy address did you use?

I used the Irish one, took a bit of adjusting but it worked.
Nice
wondering if paypal would ever check addresses or stuff or consider things being fraud
Alternatively you can just change the region on your existing Nintendo account, buy the game(s) and then change the region back. This is the better option if, like me, you want to keep all purchases tied to a single account.
uberfrazz3 h, 14 m ago

Alternatively you can just change the region on your existing Nintendo …Alternatively you can just change the region on your existing Nintendo account, buy the game(s) and then change the region back. This is the better option if, like me, you want to keep all purchases tied to a single account.

This doesn’t seem to work for most people though... have you done this recently and what method of payment did you use?
Anybody else having luck with this? Couple of games I want which are far cheaper from Mexico but I’ve not managed to set up a Mexican PayPal yet, anyone know if simply switching your region to Mexico and paying with UK PayPal will work?
uberfrazz5 h, 42 m ago

Alternatively you can just change the region on your existing Nintendo …Alternatively you can just change the region on your existing Nintendo account, buy the game(s) and then change the region back. This is the better option if, like me, you want to keep all purchases tied to a single account.

This post is saying how to pay on Mexican eShop as previously people have found it is not possible (payment always rejected)
@britshickhouse any tips on linking the PayPal Account to the Nintendo Account? I’ve set up a PayPal and even transferred money to it. But the switch wants me to link a PayPal Account to my Nintendo ID and when I try it wants a card to be linked to the account, tried Capital One card, Revolut and Monzo and none are working they all say the cards have been linked to maximum PayPal accounts already lol
tried linking a PayPal account to my Mexican Nintendo account again this morning and it still won't have it, when i click to link a PayPal account, I log in to newly created PayPal account then it says to add a credit or debit card, I input details on about 4 different cards and they all say they have been assigned to a PayPal account already, when I try one which I know full well hasn't been, it just reloads saying to add a card... think I may just have to give up lol
Finally got this to work today - the things that helped for me seemed to be creating the Mexican PayPal account on a pc and adding my Revolut card to it and validating it (again on pc), then linking it to my Mexican Nintendo account. This skips the step of having to add a card to the PayPal account at the linking step

So don't give up - it is doable, just a pain in the backside!
benjamaphone45 m ago

Finally got this to work today - the things that helped for me seemed to …Finally got this to work today - the things that helped for me seemed to be creating the Mexican PayPal account on a pc and adding my Revolut card to it and validating it (again on pc), then linking it to my Mexican Nintendo account. This skips the step of having to add a card to the PayPal account at the linking step So don't give up - it is doable, just a pain in the backside!

This is the thing my PayPal Account has a Revolut card linked to it, I even verified it with the code etc, but whenever I click to link the PayPal Account it always asks me for a card to be added... it’s annoying as hell lol
Maverick_TF2 h, 16 m ago

This is the thing my PayPal Account has a Revolut card linked to it, I …This is the thing my PayPal Account has a Revolut card linked to it, I even verified it with the code etc, but whenever I click to link the PayPal Account it always asks me for a card to be added... it’s annoying as hell lol

Hmm that's weird, that was my stumbling block until today - have you tried removing the card and readding it?
Sorry if it wasn't clear, I added the card to the PayPal account during setup not on the switch itself.
just removed my card and added again, logged out of PayPal, clicked on the email to link the Nintendo account to PayPal, logged back in the PayPal account, it immediately takes me to a page asking me to add a card to the account

tried adding the same card details and click confirm, the page just loads asking me to input a card, no error messages or anything, starting to annoy me now haha
Maverick_TF21 m ago

just removed my card and added again, logged out of PayPal, clicked on the …just removed my card and added again, logged out of PayPal, clicked on the email to link the Nintendo account to PayPal, logged back in the PayPal account, it immediately takes me to a page asking me to add a card to the account tried adding the same card details and click confirm, the page just loads asking me to input a card, no error messages or anything, starting to annoy me now haha

I think I added the PayPal account on the switch itself maybe?
britshickhouse16 m ago

I think I added the PayPal account on the switch itself maybe?

Yeah this is what I set out to do when I first saw this post, but when you try to add it says it emails you to link up to a PayPal account, so im using that link and then coming across this problem
Thanks. I finally got around to trying this out and I managed to buy Stardew Valley.
Maverick_TF28th Jan

Anybody else having luck with this? Couple of games I want which are far …Anybody else having luck with this? Couple of games I want which are far cheaper from Mexico but I’ve not managed to set up a Mexican PayPal yet, anyone know if simply switching your region to Mexico and paying with UK PayPal will work?

It took me ages, but the way I did it was with my wife's US paypal account. So if you can somehow get a US paypal account, then create another user on your switch and link that paypal to that user. This then allows you to use "User X" to purchase from US, MX, SA, Russia and various other countries by changing your region each time and only using paypal to purchase from US and MX but use revolut for the other countries.
Hope this helps - I still havent mastered Japan and Canada, so if anyone figures this out let me know.
I buy Canadian credit from pcgamesupply.com, they often have 10% off discount too which makes it even better value.
uberfrazz28th Jan

Which wipes any credit linked to your account. So best not so that
It doesnt work as soon as u type your foreign card in.. account get limitations
benjamaphone29th Jan

Finally got this to work today - the things that helped for me seemed to …Finally got this to work today - the things that helped for me seemed to be creating the Mexican PayPal account on a pc and adding my Revolut card to it and validating it (again on pc), then linking it to my Mexican Nintendo account. This skips the step of having to add a card to the PayPal account at the linking step So don't give up - it is doable, just a pain in the backside!

I don’t know how you’re managing to do this? I have created a Mexican PayPal account using google translate but when I go to register either of my Revolut cards they’re not accepted, presumably because they’re registered to my English home address. The card address field is for a Mexican address. Am I missing something??? Please help!
crispylimbs28th Jun

I don’t know how you’re managing to do this? I have created a Mexican Pay …I don’t know how you’re managing to do this? I have created a Mexican PayPal account using google translate but when I go to register either of my Revolut cards they’re not accepted, presumably because they’re registered to my English home address. The card address field is for a Mexican address. Am I missing something??? Please help!

Can't remember off the top of my head as it was a while ago but I may have just used a random Mexican address - could be I got lucky but I've never had any problems since setting it up.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants