Expired

How to cancel Experian 30 day trial?

Found 2nd Feb 2013
Just signed up to Credit Expert by Experian's 30 day trial to check it out basically, have a quick look at my credit report etc, & I did so on the back of a promise that I could cancel at any time within the 1st 30 days without charge, however nowhere in my account settings can I find the means of doing this!?

I was just wondering if anyone else had already tried this, cancelled successfully and whether they could please instruct me on how to do so?
Community Updates
Ask
34 Comments
you have to ring there customer services for some reason. I did exactly the same thing took me ages to figure out how to cancel and they just try to make you stay. absolute pain in the a**e
leviticus71

you have to ring there customer services for some reason. I did exactly … you have to ring there customer services for some reason. I did exactly the same thing took me ages to figure out how to cancel and they just try to make you stay. absolute pain in the a**e

What a bummer, if I'd have known that don't think I'd have bothered signing up... Cheers mate
I had to ring up and do it, I have to say it was horrible because I got the real hard sell of trying to keep me as a customer. I had to tell the woman on the end of the phone (who I was having difficulty understanding anyway) about 5 times that I wanted to cancel the service before she took the hint. I felt really uncomfortable but I did get through to her eventually.

Good luck
If you do online banking you should be able to cancel the direct debit alot easier than trying to cancel over phone imo
derbyshireterrier

I had to ring up and do it, I have to say it was horrible because I got … I had to ring up and do it, I have to say it was horrible because I got the real hard sell of trying to keep me as a customer. I had to tell the woman on the end of the phone (who I was having difficulty understanding anyway) about 5 times that I wanted to cancel the service before she took the hint. I felt really uncomfortable but I did get through to her eventually.Good luck

Cheers
Even if you cancel the direct debit you still need to cancel with Experian.
kstead1966

If you do online banking you should be able to cancel the direct debit … If you do online banking you should be able to cancel the direct debit alot easier than trying to cancel over phone imo

Would I not in breech of some agreement by cancelling the direct debit without cancelling the subscription?
momartin

Even if you cancel the direct debit you still need to cancel with … Even if you cancel the direct debit you still need to cancel with Experian.

Exactly what I was thinking...
I cancelled mine just before the free trial finished & had no problem at all, the woman the other end asked for my reason I was cancelling & I told her I had the information that I needed & didn't need the service anymore, & that was It...she said thank you we will cancel from today & they also sent me a confirmation email within an hour of cancelling
wendy56

I cancelled mine just before the free trial finished & had no problem at … I cancelled mine just before the free trial finished & had no problem at all, the woman the other end asked for my reason I was cancelling & I told her I had the information that I needed & didn't need the service anymore, & that was It...she said thank you we will cancel from today & they also sent me a confirmation email within an hour of cancelling

Thanks Wendy, shall let the trial run it's course then give that a go
wendy56

I cancelled mine just before the free trial finished & had no problem at … I cancelled mine just before the free trial finished & had no problem at all, the woman the other end asked for my reason I was cancelling & I told her I had the information that I needed & didn't need the service anymore, & that was It...she said thank you we will cancel from today & they also sent me a confirmation email within an hour of cancelling

Yep, worked a treat, rang up on Saturday morning (trial due to expire yesterday) & cancelled within minutes, it was a free phone number that I rang too.
Brilliant glad It worked
I cancelled mine after the free trial about 2 years ago but after 12 months they started taking £2.99 per month out of my account which i never noticed for 3 months so i phoned up again to see what was happening. They told me they keep sending emails to tell you any changes to your credit file and this service is free for 12 months and now they were charging the £2.99 a month. I told them to stop the payments ASAP but they would not refund the 3 months as id had the service so make sure they fully cancel all there service now
centurion

I cancelled mine after the free trial about 2 years ago but after 12 … I cancelled mine after the free trial about 2 years ago but after 12 months they started taking £2.99 per month out of my account which i never noticed for 3 months so i phoned up again to see what was happening. They told me they keep sending emails to tell you any changes to your credit file and this service is free for 12 months and now they were charging the £2.99 a month. I told them to stop the payments ASAP but they would not refund the 3 months as id had the service so make sure they fully cancel all there service now

Yes mate, I was made aware of this and fully cancelled everything. There were 3 options they gave me after I cancelled, the last one being the £2.99 one IIRC.
wendy56

Brilliant glad It worked

Cheers Wendy
Does anybody
Know the number to call cos you know it's not going to be easy to find out?
Pauly44

Does anybodyKnow the number to call cos you know it's not going to be … Does anybodyKnow the number to call cos you know it's not going to be easy to find out?

google it
The Experian cancel number is 0800 561 0083
No have just deactivated my account after nearly a year, I had to put my card details in again but mentioned I will be charge monthly £14.99 can I stop this anytime?
Hey, what kind of question do they ask you when your cancelling?
popadom

Hey, what kind of question do they ask you when your cancelling?

They just wanted to ask why I was cancelling. Then they tried to offer me some lesser or alternative service which I politely declined.
How do you make sure you are not part of that £2.99 service as well?
zlain

How do you make sure you are not part of that £2.99 service as well?

Decline everything they offer you
safc32

Decline everything they offer you

Cheers. I'll give em a call tomorrow. I also noticed a few pence has been taken from my account! 86p to be exact. I thought the trial was free :s
zlain

Cheers. I'll give em a call tomorrow. I also noticed a few pence has been … Cheers. I'll give em a call tomorrow. I also noticed a few pence has been taken from my account! 86p to be exact. I thought the trial was free :s

Probably just an authorisation that will be refunded to confirm your details
maximoshark

Probably just an authorisation that will be refunded to confirm your … Probably just an authorisation that will be refunded to confirm your details

Okay, thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.
How do you do it
I managed to cancel via email quoting my customer number, or just call them and cancel.
If you sign up for the 30 day free trial and carry on paying the 14.99 a month are you tied into a contract or can you still cancel at any time?
Patch1992

If you sign up for the 30 day free trial and carry on paying the 14.99 a … If you sign up for the 30 day free trial and carry on paying the 14.99 a month are you tied into a contract or can you still cancel at any time?

I've no idea, surely it'll tell you somewhere in the T&C's..?
I'm trying to cancel my account and its saying incorrect number anybody no why??
Hi guys just call the number on the website, if you cancel within the first 14 days you cancel via email, if not you have to call. When you do call the customer service is amazing. They'll ask you various question to see if they can help with anything or provide useful advice as you leave. They will offer you a cheaper 3.99 product that people who would benefit from id fraud prevention or struggle with keeping on top of there finances could benefit from (I took it and it helped me stopping my credit card defaulting whilst on holiday) anyway just be nice they are lovely workers!
Bobsav

Hi guys just call the number on the website, if you cancel within the … Hi guys just call the number on the website, if you cancel within the first 14 days you cancel via email, if not you have to call. When you do call the customer service is amazing. They'll ask you various question to see if they can help with anything or provide useful advice as you leave. They will offer you a cheaper 3.99 product that people who would benefit from id fraud prevention or struggle with keeping on top of there finances could benefit from (I took it and it helped me stopping my credit card defaulting whilst on holiday) anyway just be nice they are lovely workers!

Let me guess what you do for a living....

Got it, you work for Experian don't you...? X)
https://www.creditexpert.co.uk/member/help?catID=Cancel_and_duration&entryID=cancel_my_membership&offset=0
Your Membership

How do I cancel my membership?

To cancel please call us on 0800 561 0083 (free phone) 0344 481 0800*. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 7pm, and on Saturday from 8am to 4pm. We are closed on Sundays.

You can also cancel your membership by writing to us

Please download and complete the form and follow the instructions enclosed. Bear in mind that you must leave time for us to receive and then process the form. If you are close to your next bill date, we recommend you call us to ensure you do not pay for another month’s membership if you don’t want to.

If you would like to, you can also view the refund policy

Can I cancel my membership or free trial online?

No, sorry. Please call us or write to us.

Can I email you to cancel my membership?

In most cases, you should call us on 0800 561 0083 or 0344 481 0800*.

The exception to this is if you are within the first 14 days of your free trial, or it is less than 14 days since you restarted your membership. If this applies to you, you can email us at CustomerService@CreditExpert.co.uk. Please ensure you include your customer reference number in your email to help us to deal with your request. If you are not within the first 14 days of a membership, your request will not be processed and you will be asked to call us.

How do I know that my membership has been cancelled?

If you call us to cancel, your cancellation will be processed immediately and you will receive email confirmation the same day. If you email us to cancel, you’ll receive an email when we have processed your request to cancel, which could be up to 7 days after you have emailed us. You will still have access to your membership for the rest of the month that you have paid for. We will then email you on the last day of your membership to confirm that it has been cancelled – this is when you will no longer have access to CreditExpert.

If you have unsubscribed from our emails, you will still receive this as it is an important communication. If you don’t receive this email please check that your email address is correct in ‘My Details’ or call our UK based team on 0344 481 0800.*

*Lines are open Mon - Fri 8am - 7pm, Saturday 8am - 4pm, and closed on Sundays. Charges for calling 03 numbers are the same as for calls made to standard UK landline phone numbers starting 01 or 02. If your landline or mobile phone package means you can call an 01 or 02 number as part of ‘free’ inclusive minutes, the same will apply to calling our 03 numbers

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants