How to change broadband in lockdown

Posted 24th Mar
Currently with Virgin media for my mum bastic TV bb and phone price has increased to 42 quid too expensive for her how can I change suppliers before contract end in a month or will she be stuck with a huge increase or stuck with the again for a year.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Call them up and they do a thing where they have to tell you the current price for new customers. It should get you back to a reasonable price
Or if you really wanted to change go to one of the comparison sites and start the process there. You then have the choice of following through on the change by ringing virgin and comparing prices with them - hoping they will drop to a similar price, The other option is to click to change on the comparison site and it is done from there.
Virgin are unique in thay they use their own fibre and hardware, so they are difficult to negotiate with ad you can't do a 'like for like' comparison.
Fibre only virgin in Street but will they need engineers to set standard bb.
Just call them and explain you are considering moving to a new provider because you honestly can't afford to keep the service but would really like to remain a customer.
If you get through to a UK call centre and you're polite and friendly you'll be surprised what you'll be offered!
Agree with the above do the dance and you should get an offer, tomorrow might be different than today as I suspect virgin was using Boris’s announcement to keep prices high thinking they couldn’t work but that’s seems to have changed with tonight’s update.
Edited by: "eslick" 24th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants