Groups

How to check if car is HPI clear?

I want to find out if a car is on finance or not.
    Is there a Reliable service that anyone can recommend?

Thanks

18 Comments

A HPI check is always a good start! lol
    hpicheck.com/

Banned

Banned

Hope this helps haha..

https://www.mycarcheck.com/media/mycarcheck/fp_photo_20070828.jpg

Original Poster

Is there a free service? Or will this have to be paid?

ele-font

Paid, its not that much money for peace of mind so just do it or take the risk!

Banned

ele-font

and now we get to what the thread was really about. No. Pay up or risk it.

Original Poster

vibeone

and now we get to what the thread was really about. No. Pay up or risk … and now we get to what the thread was really about. No. Pay up or risk it.

Did not realise it would be £19.99!
    If I bought a car which had outstanding finance, would this also transfer on to me?

Banned

ele-font

Did not realise it would be £19.99! If I bought a car which had … Did not realise it would be £19.99! If I bought a car which had outstanding finance, would this also transfer on to me?

No, you'd have the car taken off you since the former keeper didn't own it to sell on.

I did an RAC check, cost about £5 and got £4.50 cashback but I don't think they offer the cashback anymore.
    If you buy a car with finance then you will need to pay the finance on it so it's really important to get the check done before you buy.

ele-font

Did not realise it would be £19.99! If I bought a car which had … Did not realise it would be £19.99! If I bought a car which had outstanding finance, would this also transfer on to me?

As VB1 has said, technically then you dont even own the car and the finance company will take it from you. Dont run the risk, pay the money and get it done if your serious about buyng a car.

Original Poster

sickly sweet

I did an RAC check, cost about £5 and got £4.50 cashback but I don't t … I did an RAC check, cost about £5 and got £4.50 cashback but I don't think they offer the cashback anymore.If you buy a car with finance then you will need to pay the finance on it so it's really important to get the check done before you buy.

They gone up to £14.99..
    Will look around for cheaper service otherwise will pay I guess.

Banned

vibeone

No, you'd have the car taken off you since the former keeper didn't own … No, you'd have the car taken off you since the former keeper didn't own it to sell on.

If you buy a car in good faith and have a recept and the previous owner has outstanding finance left on the car....they cannot take it off you....it is yours to keep and they have to chase the previous owner for the dept.

Edited by: "slamdunkin" 2nd Nov 2010

slamdunkin

If you buy a car in good faith and the previous owner has outstanding … If you buy a car in good faith and the previous owner has outstanding finance left on the car....they cannot take it off you....it is yours to keep and they have to chase the previous owner for the dept.

What department would they be chasing them for?! lol only messing mate!

I'm interested in doing an HPI check also op if you could find another person it would be £30 for 3?

Banned

I thought the RAC check didnt have any insurance cover if they make a mistake......

Try to avoid the really cheap ones as they dont include things such as Outstanding Finance, Mileage Verification etc. I buy and sell a few cars to supplement my income and use autocheck.co.uk for all my Vehicle Checks as you get 5 full checks for £25 (think it is £19.99 for an individual one but on the off chance another few people join this thread looking for the same service you could get together and get a Full Check for £5).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941343
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767216
      3. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator35
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927343

See more discussions