How to clean an LCD screen?

Banned
Could anyone advise if there is a particular way to clean finger prints from an LCD screen?
I have a Samsung series 6 and one of the kids has decided to leave hand prints all over it.

I don't want tocause any unexpected side effects or damage.
Thanks.

15 Comments

Hello,

Yes, you need a soft cloth...

Either a screen specific cloth or the type you clean glasses and sun glasses with..

Just give it a wipe with that.

For tough dries in area's just dampen the cloth with a little saliva.

That's what i do anyway, and my screen is scratch free..

Z

I have a Samsung 40" LCD and I use 'Professional Motor Peach skin textured microfibre cloths' they come in a 2 pack and you get them in Tesco in the car section.
I dampen one with warm water and use it on the screen and frame and then wipe over with a dry cloth.
Excellent results and no scratches :thumbsup:

I have a Series 4 Samsung. When you got the TV You should have got a soft cloth mine was blue lol

I use glass wipes .

Original Poster Banned

Thanks guys.
So chemicals and sprays are not advisable?

my ssat nav gets filthy and i use pre injection swab wipes lol they do a fab job

Villa;3534790

Thanks guys.So chemicals and sprays are not advisable?

Not really....known to damage screens so ive been told.

Cloth used for cleaning spectacles is what i use.

I just get a yellow duster (clean one of course!) Wet it, wring out as much water as possible then wipe over, allow to dry and sorted!

Original Poster Banned

I remember applying pressure to an LCD monitor screen a while back in order to try and remove some stains.
Unfortunately this caused 'bleeding' and the screen was ruined.

Is there a danger of this on a large TV? I suspect these finger prints may need require some force to remove and I don't want to risk any 'bleeding'.

Banned

and MOST IMPORTANTLY:-

never clean it when the screen is ON. Same for plasmas too.

Banned

Villa;3534972

I remember applying pressure to an LCD monitor screen a while back in … I remember applying pressure to an LCD monitor screen a while back in order to try and remove some stains.Unfortunately this caused 'bleeding' and the screen was ruined.Is there a danger of this on a large TV? I suspect these finger prints may need require some force to remove and I don't want to risk any 'bleeding'.

I suspect you did this with the screen on.

I just use water in a spray bottle and a microfibre cloth.

i bought the tesco £7.99 pack for cleaning monitors, it worked brilliantly, small bottle (will ast forever) cloth and puffe thing for keyboards -I had made the mistake of trying to polish my TV and it was marked really badly ued this and it is now perfect well worth the £7.99

can't imagine water removing finger prints.. and anything that will may leave residue.
stick to the proper tft screen cleaner systems you can get anywhere now such as tesco or i bought mine from ebuyer.
Was previously using a optical lens cleaner solution and didn't realise but it left a residue which eventually made screen blurry.

Original Poster Banned

OK it's now sorted.
Used a damp clean cloth on the TV while it was switched off.

Thanks.

Wet kitchen towel.

I have 3 kids & this has worked every day for the past 9!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763950
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    3. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    4. GOT Leaks again416

See more discussions