Groups

how to connect mac (without hdmi port) to smart tv?

Hi ppl ,
    I want to know how to connect mac to my smart tv.. mac doesnt have an hdmi port so which cable do i need ?

thanks in advance

9 Comments

Graemevz

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015DUQA6E?psc=1

You bear in mind, anything you can buy from amazon you can buy for a lot cheaper on eBay.

RiverDragon8

You bear in mind, anything you can buy from amazon you can buy for a lot … You bear in mind, anything you can buy from amazon you can buy for a lot cheaper on eBay.

​or aliexpress if ure not in the rush

RiverDragon8

You bear in mind, anything you can buy from amazon you can buy for a lot … You bear in mind, anything you can buy from amazon you can buy for a lot cheaper on eBay.

A lot cheaper and a lot faker with less ability to gauge the quality from reviews (though Amazon is getting a bit ropey in this respect).

dhanepud

Hi ppl , I want to know how to connect mac to my smart tv.. mac … Hi ppl , I want to know how to connect mac to my smart tv.. mac doesnt have an hdmi port so which cable do i need ? thanks in advance

It depends on which model you have. The Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter linked above will work for most middle aged macs with a Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt 1 or 2 output. Older and newer machines will need different cables.
    Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 26th Dec 2016

I got a thunderbolt to HDMI-VGA-DVI adapter from eBay for £4, works really well.

If you have a smart tv you can connect via wifi find the right software to air play to it

I tend to use my Google Chromecast to cast from Mac to a TV. It works very well.

Chromecast
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon S&S price fix question22
      2. Has anyone found any Baileys Pumpkin Spiced for sale in the UK ?33
      3. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?11
      4. Three connection45

See more discussions