how to connect mac (without hdmi port) to smart tv?

Found 26th Dec 2016
Hi ppl ,
I want to know how to connect mac to my smart tv.. mac doesnt have an hdmi port so which cable do i need ?

thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskAppleTVSmart TV
9 Comments
Graemevz

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015DUQA6E?psc=1

You bear in mind, anything you can buy from amazon you can buy for a lot cheaper on eBay.
RiverDragon8

You bear in mind, anything you can buy from amazon you can buy for a lot … You bear in mind, anything you can buy from amazon you can buy for a lot cheaper on eBay.

​or aliexpress if ure not in the rush
RiverDragon8

You bear in mind, anything you can buy from amazon you can buy for a lot … You bear in mind, anything you can buy from amazon you can buy for a lot cheaper on eBay.

A lot cheaper and a lot faker with less ability to gauge the quality from reviews (though Amazon is getting a bit ropey in this respect).
dhanepud

Hi ppl , I want to know how to connect mac to my smart tv.. mac … Hi ppl , I want to know how to connect mac to my smart tv.. mac doesnt have an hdmi port so which cable do i need ? thanks in advance

It depends on which model you have. The Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter linked above will work for most middle aged macs with a Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt 1 or 2 output. Older and newer machines will need different cables.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 26th Dec 2016
I got a thunderbolt to HDMI-VGA-DVI adapter from eBay for £4, works really well.
If you have a smart tv you can connect via wifi find the right software to air play to it
I tend to use my Google Chromecast to cast from Mac to a TV. It works very well.
Chromecast
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions