How to connect to internet with 3 sim + 02 dongle (urgent help please!!)

9 replies
Found 4th Jun 2009
Hi guys i need urgent help, my AOL broadband has been cut off and its not back on for 10 days (long story !) so using a vodafone dongle, i have a unlocked 02 dongle and my free 3 sim has arrived which i ordered the other day.

How can i use my 3 PAYG sim in my 02 dongle, i have no 02 coverage and vodafone is extremely slow, i put the 3 sim in the 02 dongle and its gone blue meaning i can get a good speed but dont know how to set it up

Any help appreciated !

9 Comments

forget the dongle branding and take a look at the 3 website for instrcuctions

Banned

firmwares

Use these settings

APN = 3internet
Access number = *99#
Username = Leave blank
Password = Leave blank

radiocde;5399982

Use these settings APN = 3internetAccess … Use these settings APN = 3internetAccess number = *99#Username = Leave blankPassword = Leave blank

To get to enter these settings click
Tools menu - Profiles - new - new cellular profile - connection settings

Then enter the settings as above don't worry about the Access number the o2 software doesn't ask for it here.

Original Poster

Thats m8, got it working can whizz around the 3 site for free but the top up section seems to be down so cant add credit to use the internet so will have to try later , its connecting at 1.2mb alot better than the vodafone im using now which is 40 kbps !

Glad I could help. You can still top up online with a voucher.

still waiting for mine to arrive.

Original Poster

Sorted, thanks for your help guys really appreciate it, went to the shop and got a £15 voucher and using it now.

Now to sort out those AOL muppets out who cut off my internet grrr !

Hope 3 dont get fussy about me using an o2 dongle and cut me off !

I know this topic ended a long time ago but its relevant to me and I need a bit more help if possible.

I have an unlocked O2 broadband dongle but cannot get coverage with O2 in my area I can only get it with 3 so I sent away and got a couple of free sims. Now, my question is, can I just top up these mobile sims and use them for my internet? How much browsing capacity will I get?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I5 7600k vs i5 740011
    2. Computer upgrades89
    3. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    4. Whey protien629

See more discussions