How to connect Xbox to PC monitor.

7 replies
Found 30th Dec 2009
Been reading other forums and seemingly VGA is the way to go...however VGA doesn't carry sound? So how would I hear the games? I've got an expensive pair of headphones that I want to use but they are std headphone jack.

My monitor has one VGA and one DVI however the DVI isn't a normal DVI (it has raised section that stops pins on a normal DVI from locating) and only the DVI cable that came with it fits. I only get sound from my monitor by plugging my hadphone socket to a socket on the back of my monitor, and my monitors sound is rubbish anyway.

So am I stuck?

7 Comments

Get a xbox to vga cable, ( will find link) comes with vga with white and yellow, then get a white and yellow to 3.5 jack... etc.

spobby;7372027

Get a xbox to vga cable, ( will find link) comes with vga with white and … Get a xbox to vga cable, ( will find link) comes with vga with white and yellow, then get a white and yellow to 3.5 jack... etc.

red and white.
yellow is the video cable and not on the vga cable.

Original Poster

spobby;7372027

Get a xbox to vga cable, ( will find link) comes with vga with white and … Get a xbox to vga cable, ( will find link) comes with vga with white and yellow, then get a white and yellow to 3.5 jack... etc.

Hey thanks, I've seen the MSFT one but just did not know "a white and yellow to 3.5 jack" existed :thumbsup:

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7371960

Which connectionhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

Still not sure where my headphones would plug into that?

Meathotukdeals;7372108

Hey thanks, I've seen the MSFT one but just did not know "a white and … Hey thanks, I've seen the MSFT one but just did not know "a white and yellow to 3.5 jack" existed :thumbsup:

the official cable comes with the adapter you need.

Original Poster

D'you think plugging and unplugging the VGA might cause some damage? The DVI is free because for some reason it can't get to my native screen res..don't know why..ah hang on it might be the monitor 's DVI system and not my graphics card
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244935
    2. Add one, leave one game54415472
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428414670
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604837

See more discussions