How to Convert a Dell Monitor to a TV

Can someone advise me how to do this?

8 Comments

What inputs do you have on the monitor? Is it attached to a PC?

Original Poster

it has DVI and VGA inputs

Either attach a PC and install a TV card.

Or buy a "VGA TV Tuner"

^^ tap that into eBay. Incidentally theres 2 ending within the next 3 hours; 290215011249 and 170202397597 which look like they might go for a good price.

By the way if you want to watch freeview, you'd be better off attaching a pc and buying a digital tuner. Havent seen many stand alone TV tuners with a VGA output which support digital... Might be some out there though.

It has been suggested that
argos.co.uk/sta…htm
with the relevant cable will work. Maybe someone can confirm:roll:

Banned

freeview box

jtx;1766970

It has been suggested … It has been suggested thathttp://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5321289/Trail/searchtext%3EFREEVIEW+BOX.htmwith the relevant cable will work. Maybe someone can confirm:roll:

I agree. With a hdmi to dvi cable you should be able to attach the freeview box (any box with hdmi output) directly to the monitor.

andrewfmills;1767042

I agree. With a hdmi to dvi cable you should be able to attach the … I agree. With a hdmi to dvi cable you should be able to attach the freeview box (any box with hdmi output) directly to the monitor.

have to admit i tried that with an abit mainboard with hdmi and my plasma which has dvi, didnt work
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846141
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?1968
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183823
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213610

See more discussions