How to convert a Linx 7 Windows tablet to Android or MAC OS

5 replies
Found 29th Nov 2016
Hi

I have a brand new Linx 7 Windows tablet that was given to me some time ago (and I've only just opened it), but I'm not too keen on Windows. Does anyone know how I can convert it into android or iOS? I have a MacBook Pro laptop.

If someone could please give me step-by-step instructions (but not complicated).

Thanks x

5 Comments

iOS is currently impossible. Good luck with the android guide tho.:)

I would love to install remix or Android on this if possible. Will make a great tablet as not particularly fond of windows

I'm afraid it is not possible on that model. If you look around from the Staples deal post from Black Friday 2015 there was quite abit discussion surrounding it. Cutting it short the only option was running Android emulator (Bluestacks) on the devices but it required to be the Linx 8(some) and 10 models as requirement was 2gb ram. Was some discussion on XDA but no-one ever got it working.

https://bluestacks.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206433866-Installation-Requirements-In-Windows

Makes a nice little Kodi or Plex device though and with the Win10 screen mirroring function works great using a DLNA telly without the need for casting or hdmi out.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 29th Nov 2016

Original Poster

I tried downloading Bluestacks but it wouldn't complete the download because there was not enough storage....? How can that be if I just opened it yesterday?

sazzopardi1971

I tried downloading Bluestacks but it wouldn't complete the download … I tried downloading Bluestacks but it wouldn't complete the download because there was not enough storage....? How can that be if I just opened it yesterday?

It won't work on the linx 7 as it requires min 2gb ram to work. You need around 6gb space min also including the download and install from memory it's something to do with the way the partitions are set on the device (it installs onto C:/ Drive and if you look the linx has a small C:/ Partition where windows lives and the usable space is on D:/ Data I think - can't check as my Niece stole mine for school today!). The devices also allow OTG so you can download on a desktop/lappy and fire onto a memory stick.

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 30th Nov 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions