How to donate your hair to The Little Princess Trust and enable a child with Cancer to obtain a Free Wig

Expert (Beta)7
Posted 24th May
I thought with lockdown and people been unable to get haircut some people might consider donating their hair when the hairdresser re open.

You can currently still donate if someone in your household can cut your hair. I know a few healthcare workers who have cut off long locks for ease of washing during this time.

I wondered if this might be something some users on here might consider doing or perhaps you already have and can provide feedback on the experience

littleprincesses.org.uk/don…ir/

When a child loses their hair to cancer, we'll be there with a free, real hair wig to help restore their confidence and identity. You can help us give hair and hope to children and young people, by funding real hair wigs and ground-breaking childhood cancer research projects.

FAQ

littleprincesses.org.uk/faqs/

The website give really clear instructions on what kind of hair they accept and how to correctly prepare.
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
COVID-19: Are you still receiving hair donations during the coronavirus outbreak?

Yes we are!

Due to the coronavirus pandemic we had to temporarily stop accepting hair donations but we have introduced many new measures to ensure our team can sort hair in a safe and secure environment.

Staff are wearing personal protective equipment while keeping a safe distance from colleagues and we are placing incoming hair in quarantine for a short period of time.

For more information, see littleprincesses.org.uk/new…s-/
My 8 year old daughter has done her 4th donation and I’ve done 2 so far. She’s aiming for her next donation to be in December. It’s a lovely feeling knowing you’ve got 8 inches less hair to wash and it’s gone to help others. Also surprising how long hair needs to be for a wig, I hadn’t realised how much is lost in the weaving process.
haybr24/05/2020 12:59

My 8 year old daughter has done her 4th donation and I’ve done 2 so far. S …My 8 year old daughter has done her 4th donation and I’ve done 2 so far. She’s aiming for her next donation to be in December. It’s a lovely feeling knowing you’ve got 8 inches less hair to wash and it’s gone to help others. Also surprising how long hair needs to be for a wig, I hadn’t realised how much is lost in the weaving process.

Wow that’s fantastic that both you and your daughter regularly donate.

I was surprised at the length required, plus it seems the longer the better and ideally over 12 inches.

Thats going to take a while to grow.
I really would if I didn't look like uncle fester
ItsFrazer24/05/2020 13:43

I really would if I didn't look like uncle fester

Ideal for those that look like cousin IT.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 24th May
Thanks for posting, I will definitely let the friends and family know
bdezz24/05/2020 14:49

Thanks for posting, I will definitely let the friends and family know

Great
Post a comment
@
    Text