Expired

How to download amazon appstore to pc ?

Found 30th Nov 2013
I want to download the Amazon appstore to my computer so that I can buy apps and install them later but I can only find the option to download to android or tablet.

6 Comments

Banned

You can only do it via The Amazon Appstore on your device, there isn't a way to do it on a PC.

An alternative is Googleplay, they allow you to link your devices to your Gmail account and then select which device you want to install apps to, you can use Googleplay via their website when you are on your PC.

You need to install the Amazon App store on each device as unlike Googleplay it wont work from the PC
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000714543&ref=mas_fad_gs

And as a bonus

http://gyazo.com/52e76c3f52762d84aa9f2760282d14c5.png

amazon.co.uk/b/?…w_b

Banned

As above, except if you really mean that you want to use the apps that you'll subsequently download from Amazon's Appstore or Google's Play Store on your PC and not on your phone/tablet, then you'll need an Android emulator. If that's the case then I'd avoid BlueStacks like the plague and check out Genymotion instead.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the help. I've bought my son a Kindle fire for Xmas (it hasn't arrived yet) and I was hoping that I could download apps in advance and install them later (a bit like how itunes works).

Banned

summerjoo

Thanks for all the help. I've bought my son a Kindle fire for Xmas (it … Thanks for all the help. I've bought my son a Kindle fire for Xmas (it hasn't arrived yet) and I was hoping that I could download apps in advance and install them later (a bit like how itunes works).

Ahh thats nice hope he likes it

Banned

I suppose you could do that by using an emulator to run Amazon's Appstore with the Amazon account that you'd be using for the Kindle Fire. Can't say I've ever used the Amazon Appstore with an emulator, but I see no reason why this way wouldn't work to have all the apps you want set up on an Amazon account? Unfortunately there's no easy way of accessing Amazon's Appstore from a PC or Mac though, as there is if you wanted to access Play Store or iTunes instead. None of the emulators are perfect, but I'd try Genymotion for ease if I were you, or a VM machine or the Android SDK if not.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants