How to Download Facebook Data Before Deactivating.

Found 6th Apr
Hi,
I'm looking to deactivate my account, but I've heard that there's a way to download all the data that Facebook has collected from your activity.
Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this?
Thank you.
Community Updates
AskFacebook
14 Comments
To download your information:
Click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings.

Click Download a copy of your Facebook data at the bottom of General Account Settings.

Click Start My Archive.
Thank you guys, but can't seem to do it on my mobile app. Is this just applicable to the desktop app?
Sorry to be a bit dull.
Edited by: "chimp14uk" 6th Apr
chimp14uk24 m ago

Thank you guys, but can't seem to do it on my mobile app. Is this just …Thank you guys, but can't seem to do it on my mobile app. Is this just applicable to the desktop app?Sorry to be a bit dull.

Yes sorry only desktop pc laptop or mac. I know it works from those i had to do it once or twice before.
If you are looking to leave Facebook completely, you will have to let them know

Bit more information here - en-gb.facebook.com/hel…nav
Too late , anyone who wants that info already has it - for ever .
Why worry? There's nothing on FB that I have read or posted over the last 5 years that could remotely interest anyone. If they want to waste their time and money tailoring adverts that I'll ignore, let 'em. Their loss.
airbus33015 h, 8 m ago

Why worry? There's nothing on FB that I have read or posted over the last …Why worry? There's nothing on FB that I have read or posted over the last 5 years that could remotely interest anyone. If they want to waste their time and money tailoring adverts that I'll ignore, let 'em. Their loss.

Think it's more the data they take from your devices. Contacts. Messages. Browsing history or the like. Not cool.
Rusty827 m ago

Think it's more the data they take from your devices. Contacts. Messages. …Think it's more the data they take from your devices. Contacts. Messages. Browsing history or the like. Not cool.

Was just about to say something similar
larrylightweight5 m ago

Was just about to say something similar

Not many companies I dislike more than Facebook.
Rusty8214 m ago

Think it's more the data they take from your devices. Contacts. Messages. …Think it's more the data they take from your devices. Contacts. Messages. Browsing history or the like. Not cool.

Man, if FB etc. want to look at my browsing history, they're welcome. Let's face it, every time you google something, google is logging your interests and marketing will follow. I'm not complacent, you have to do lots of little things to keep your systems sanitised, but I'm really quite happy for all these companies monitoring what is being said online, it might catch the people who are doing really bad things. It's funny how we are all up in arms about this, but also live in the most heavily video surveillanced nation on earth. I suspect that national governments are in a tiz about it because they would love to have access to the same data for all sorts of purposes. Remember how the Stazi in East Germany had detailed files on almost every citizen in the country, using friends and neighbours to spy on each other and report things said in personal conversations.Oops! Sounds a bit like FB and Messenger in the pre-electronic times.
airbus3308 h, 16 m ago

Man, if FB etc. want to look at my browsing history, they're welcome. …Man, if FB etc. want to look at my browsing history, they're welcome. Let's face it, every time you google something, google is logging your interests and marketing will follow. I'm not complacent, you have to do lots of little things to keep your systems sanitised, but I'm really quite happy for all these companies monitoring what is being said online, it might catch the people who are doing really bad things. It's funny how we are all up in arms about this, but also live in the most heavily video surveillanced nation on earth. I suspect that national governments are in a tiz about it because they would love to have access to the same data for all sorts of purposes. Remember how the Stazi in East Germany had detailed files on almost every citizen in the country, using friends and neighbours to spy on each other and report things said in personal conversations.Oops! Sounds a bit like FB and Messenger in the pre-electronic times.

That's fine, if you are happy for them to do that with your personal data. What's not fine is using information you have on other people who don't use Facebook on your phone and building profiles on them without their consent.

Not to mention the site itself is pretty awful and full of drivel. I used it for a time but really found it intolerable so deleted my account many years ago. So I don't want them to be building a file on me and selling my information to the highest bidder. So I get crap in the post or constant marketing phone calls, emails, post, targeted ads. And I understand about other companies doing similar but you can choose to not use them if you so wish and you can also protect yourself against a lot of it of you chose to.
Rusty822 h, 8 m ago

That's fine, if you are happy for them to do that with your personal data. …That's fine, if you are happy for them to do that with your personal data. What's not fine is using information you have on other people who don't use Facebook on your phone and building profiles on them without their consent.Not to mention the site itself is pretty awful and full of drivel. I used it for a time but really found it intolerable so deleted my account many years ago. So I don't want them to be building a file on me and selling my information to the highest bidder. So I get crap in the post or constant marketing phone calls, emails, post, targeted ads. And I understand about other companies doing similar but you can choose to not use them if you so wish and you can also protect yourself against a lot of it of you chose to.

Lets agree on some things.
FB content mostly consists of drivel. Correct.
FB shouldn't data mine 3rd parties without consent. Correct.
If you don't want data collection, you should be able to say so. Correct.
All I'm saying is that social and mass media induced hysteria to delete things is probably not going to achieve very much in the long term.
Keep Calm and Carry On. (But learn how your security setting work) :-)
Rusty8212 h, 45 m ago

Not many companies I dislike more than Facebook.

Completely understandable, GOOGLE would be my right up thier aswell every single app you download want permissions to access data from the phone its nearly always photos,contacts, messages. Loads of people in my phone contacts list dont have or want google accounts yet they rip infomation away from my phone about these people including access privert messages. This ripped data goes to untusted developers across the globe.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants