how to download redsn0w

Found 8th Jan 2011
can anyone help i am trying to download redsn0w I have it in a zip folder but not sure what to do from there?
thanks in advance

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

Original Poster

i have done that then a page comes up saying
please select the corresponding IPSW for your current firmware?

you probably shouldn't jailbreak if you don't know how to select you ipsw file or even extract zip files.

no offence.

Original Poster

bare with me lol not very good with this kind of thing but the kids have had there ipad and iphone jailbroken and they let the battery go dead, and now i have been told i need to download redsn0w to reboot it but i haven't a clue ?
i have clicked on browse but i really don't no what i am looking for.

Original Poster

matt3454

you probably shouldn't jailbreak if you don't know how to select you ipsw … you probably shouldn't jailbreak if you don't know how to select you ipsw file or even extract zip files.no offence.

Yeah your probably right I just thought i would give it a go save having the kids moaning all weekend

Who jailbroke their phone in the first place?

Probably best to leave it to them, as the last thing you'd want is to turn your ipad in a brick.

kckleekyle

bare with me lol not very good with this kind of thing but the kids have … bare with me lol not very good with this kind of thing but the kids have had there ipad and iphone jailbroken and they let the battery go dead, and now i have been told i need to download redsn0w to reboot it but i haven't a clue ?i have clicked on browse but i really don't no what i am looking for.

You're looking for your ipsw.

the ipsw is the firmware file.

Usually found in:

Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

You'll need to download your devices software

Here's a link to download
redmondpie.com/dow…on/

Keep this file handy as you'll need it to boot your
Device in future.

Need and help just pm me.

Original Poster

thanks everyone but I think im going to take matt3454's advice and leave well alone

Banned

its very simple, look on youtube? google it? yahoo it? look through the 10000000's of thread all over interneton how to do it
Post a comment
@
    Text