How to extend hose at back of dryer

Posted 9th Feb
I need a much longer hose at the back of my condensor dryer I just purchased for it to reach the drain pipe but I can't find one online

this is the one currently used (see pic) but it's just not long enough

3403535-J2Occ.jpgI can only seem to find a replacement hose.
I need a longer one

stacking the washer and dryer is an alternative but it's about £36 for cheapest Wpro stacking kit I think
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
If its a condenser dryer, you shouldn't need a pipe. The dryer has a water collector at the bottom of the machine which you empty periodically, depending on how much you use the dryer.
cornishscouse09/02/2020 08:54

If its a condenser dryer, you shouldn't need a pipe. The dryer has a water …If its a condenser dryer, you shouldn't need a pipe. The dryer has a water collector at the bottom of the machine which you empty periodically, depending on how much you use the dryer.

Yes I know but by using the drain pipe I will never have to empty the water collector draw after each dry so it would make things much easier
efc_4ever09/02/2020 09:14

Yes I know but by using the drain pipe I will never have to empty the …Yes I know but by using the drain pipe I will never have to empty the water collector draw after each dry so it would make things much easier

Really!? ..how far away from the sink is it does it involve a steep gradient

How about a hosepipe reducer?
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 9th Feb
Mr_Gus09/02/2020 09:54

Really!? ..how far away from the sink is it does it involve a steep …Really!? ..how far away from the sink is it does it involve a steep gradient (lol)How about a hosepipe reducer?

I mean the container pipe in my garage

That's what I want the hose from dryer hose to go in along with my washing machine one
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 9th Feb
efc_4ever09/02/2020 09:59

I mean the container pipe in my garageThat's what I want the hose from …I mean the container pipe in my garageThat's what I want the hose from dryer hose to go in along with my washing machine one

There is bound to be a household reducer from a brand like hoselock, or even a drop feed plant system, hearing in mind it's a trickle not a busy under pressure.

Silicone, oversize reinforcer piece as a clamp+ jubilee clips maybe?
I can't find what the i.d. of your hose is but I would get a small length of copper or plastic tube that fits snugly in the hose, add the another hose to the other end and zip tie them on if needed. This way you could keep easily adding more lengths on to suit your needs.
Once you know the i.d. it will be easy to source tubing, rubber or silicone to do the job rather than a branded part.
A trick when fitting is to use hairspray, it will first act as a lubricant to ease fitting but when dry will reinforce the grip/seal of the pipe to the plastic joiner.
shop.electrolux.co.uk/lau….ds

Generic ones are available on Amazon. Indesit make one too, but I could not find the ref
airbus33009/02/2020 11:09

https://shop.electrolux.co.uk/laundry/tumble-dryers/hoses/condenser-dryer-drain-kit/p/9029793388?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInd7Ej6rE5wIVRrDtCh14JAINEAQYByABEgJaq_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.dsGeneric ones are available on Amazon. Indesit make one too, but I could not find the ref

Thanks
I think this is perfect. Price is a bit steep just for a hose but this will do the job
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants