How to factory unlock o2 phone bought second hand

Found 2nd Oct 2012
How do I factory unlock an o2 Iphone 4S bought second hand? I have heard about them doing it for free for people on contract. Can I ask a friend who has got contract with o2 to do it for me?
Community Updates
MisciPhoneO2Phones
4 Comments
Not totally sure, but I think if you purchase an o2 pay and go sim and load it with £20 credit afterwards you can go online and request the unlock from O2 directly, they will deduct £15 from your credit and unlock the phone for you.
(This is what I did with my iphone 4).

Whats up Doc

Not totally sure, but I think if you purchase an o2 pay and go sim and … Not totally sure, but I think if you purchase an o2 pay and go sim and load it with £20 credit afterwards you can go online and request the unlock from O2 directly, they will deduct £15 from your credit and unlock the phone for you. (This is what I did with my iphone 4).

Yeah this is what I have done before.
Original Poster
Thanks
I sent off an unlock form for my 4S twice, with the same response each time: the original owner of the iPhone has to request the unlock.

I have an O2 pay monthly contract I was using to unlock it.

I'm not sure if I was just unlucky, but I think the rule specifically with iPhones is if the contract for them is still being paid by someone else, that person has to unlock it. If the contract it was initially taken out on has finished, they will unlock it for you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants