How to find BT contract end date via my BT account or app?

Posted 2nd Dec
Help! anyone know how to find BT contract end date via account website or app? BT live chat informed me that it's not available atm until early next year and call center couldn't help either! I've never ever received a confirmation email/letter from BT showing end date! BT could only tell me via live chat or verbally over phone, but I wanted to have it in official writing from BT. I was informed both via phone and live chat they are not authorized to issue such information! I will be asking ofcom for their advice on this. convient for BT just as coming towards my contract end date which I've been verbally and live chat informed is 29th January 2020, that BT cannot or will not officially give me in writing! the following website gives advice on how to access contract end date but I was unable to find it! broadbandgenie.co.uk/pro…end
if anyone can help would be much appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Check your emails as I had an email from them when I took mine out, which had the date on it.
richp02/12/2019 18:40

Check your emails as I had an email from them when I took mine out, which …Check your emails as I had an email from them when I took mine out, which had the date on it.

Yes had email but doesn't show end date, when I phoned BT they admitted that it doesn't show end date!
Just gone through my account, I don't log in very often, but couldn't see anything on mine about contract end date. Any reason why you need the end date? I'd have thought if you were still in contract date, they wouldn't let you leave.
How to view your contract terms First of all you need to go to this page. bt.com/app….do
Then select the order that you wish to view, and on the top right there will be a link saying "Show contract terms"
mine is showing this

39234546-Vh9gY.jpg
You can see it. subscribe to a servixe you have. Once to go thru to the checkout. It will say sorry you cant have this you are already subscribed until....
richp02/12/2019 18:55

Just gone through my account, I don't log in very often, but couldn't see …Just gone through my account, I don't log in very often, but couldn't see anything on mine about contract end date. Any reason why you need the end date? I'd have thought if you were still in contract date, they wouldn't let you leave.

I'm not leaving until I know my end date officially in writing from BT, don't want to incur early termination fees!
Pateo02/12/2019 20:51

I'm not leaving until I know my end date officially in writing from BT, …I'm not leaving until I know my end date officially in writing from BT, don't want to incur early termination fees!

I recently had to use live chat to get the answer it isn’t in the app.. strangely I also got 2 letters from BT asking me to sign up for longer and my date was on them too so it’s possible you are in contract a while longer
_-Richie-_02/12/2019 19:05

How to view your contract terms First of all you need to go to this page. …How to view your contract terms First of all you need to go to this page. https://www.bt.com/appsordermgmt/secure/listoforders.doThen select the order that you wish to view, and on the top right there will be a link saying "Show contract terms"

This worked for me but I couldn't see "Show Contact Terms". Instead had to press: "Track Order" and then press: "View Order Summary".

Very useful. Thanks.
Pateo02/12/2019 20:51

I'm not leaving until I know my end date officially in writing from BT, …I'm not leaving until I know my end date officially in writing from BT, don't want to incur early termination fees!

Some competitor services will pay your early termination fees; Sky offers up to £200 sky.com/sho…v1/
I found out that my actual BT contract renewal date was 30 July 2018 for 18 months, so BT are correct that it ends 29th January 2020.
I had to call them to find it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants