How to find out Google password?

Found 28th Jan
I am going to factory reset a tablet for a relative. We are signed in to the account, is there a way to see the password without going down the forgot password route and having to use email and password reset? (display the password on screen)
Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I don't think so. Why don't you ask for password and do they have two factor switched on?
Edited by: "wayners" 28th Jan
Sounds fishy to me. Password reset by email is so simple, easy, and no hassle at all
wayners21 m ago

I don't think so. Why don't you ask for password and do they have two …I don't think so. Why don't you ask for password and do they have two factor switched on?

Will request through email, must write it down this time. Problem is when you password reset you can't go back to a previous password. Cheers Wayners.
You can view passwords in desktop chrome if the account has been logged in there but not android chrome.

On android* it's stored in /data/data/com.android.chrome/app_chrome/Default/ which you can load into an sql app (if you're techy enough you'll be able to figure it out from there, otherwise let's just say no, you can't).

*assuming you've been logged into chrome on android of course.
Edited by: "bryanhaines399" 28th Jan
bryanhaines3991 h, 0 m ago

You can view passwords in desktop chrome if the account has been logged in …You can view passwords in desktop chrome if the account has been logged in there but not android chrome.On android* it's stored in /data/data/com.android.chrome/app_chrome/Default/ which you can load into an sql app (if you're techy enough you'll be able to figure it out from there, otherwise let's just say no, you can't).*assuming you've been logged into chrome on android of course.

Thanks for that, didn't end up resetting after all but will recover from the folder when I next see him.
Cheers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants