Expired

How to find out Macbook Model Number

Found 31st Jan
So I’ve been searching to buy a protective case for my MacBook, but I can’t find any way to find out the model number. It’s a MacBook Pro 2016 13” with touch bar but I can’t find out anywhere.

Here’s the examples of model numbers:

2887026.jpg

Thanks in advance

Community Updates
AskElectronics
9 Comments
SerpentSuicide4 m ago

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201608This link may help.

Already tried reading that but wasn’t any help as my MacBook didn’t show the number I needed thanks though
Dolphinzz3 m ago

Already tried reading that but wasn’t any help as my MacBook didn’t show th …Already tried reading that but wasn’t any help as my MacBook didn’t show the number I needed thanks though

My mate said you can go to Apple’s Check Coverage page and paste your serial number in to get model specs.
SerpentSuicide28 m ago

My mate said you can go to Apple’s Check Coverage page and paste your s …My mate said you can go to Apple’s Check Coverage page and paste your serial number in to get model specs.

It didn’t give the actual model number though I think
hasan695830 m ago

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/gb/en/Yep, that's the link

Nope
Go to the Apple Menu > about this Mac > system report and you should see the model number
MacBookPro 13,1 is A1708 non-touchbar
MacBookPro 13,2 is A1706 late-2016 touchbar
MacBookPro 14,2 is A1706 mid-2017 touchbar

Yours will probably be a 13,2......

A1706 and A1708 are the same physical size (with or without touchbar)
A1707 was a 15 inch touchbar so avoid clicking that one !!
tintin76 m ago

Go to the Apple Menu > about this Mac > system report and you should see …Go to the Apple Menu > about this Mac > system report and you should see the model numberMacBookPro 13,1 is A1708 non-touchbarMacBookPro 13,2 is A1706 late-2016 touchbarMacBookPro 14,2 is A1706 mid-2017 touchbarYours will probably be a 13,2......A1706 and A1708 are the same physical size (with or without touchbar)A1707 was a 15 inch touchbar so avoid clicking that one !!

Tysm I don’t understand why it’s so hidden! I’m fairly new to Mac anyway but still
mattsk2 h, 37 m ago

have you actually tried to turn your mac upside down and read the text on …have you actually tried to turn your mac upside down and read the text on the back plate?what is wrong with people these days.[Image]

I was just asking a genuine question. I was unable to look on the back because it has a case that is a pain to get on and off on it, so I was wondering another way to find out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants