How to fit a subwoofer in citroen c1

Banned 16 replies
Found 26th Jan
Hi there, today i changed my stock speakers for some better ones which was very simple just 2 nuts and then just swap over. But i want to install an active subwoofer and will need to take the wiring from the boot to the battery. I need tips on where to run the wire through and if i use the nipple on the firewall which is a hole for fog lights if u add them where does it actually lead to inside the car. I can see it from inside the engine bay but im wondering if its behind the steering wheel to access it from inside the car? thanks

16 Comments

Good lord. Please don't. Next you'll be dropping the suspension and fitting neon under the chassis. Save your money and buy a better car lol :P

Have you tried to google it? Or check YouTube? I can't believe your the first person in the world to do this, so there may be instruction videos about

You will have a grommet in the fire wall what your loom runs through. You wanna use that as the way in to the car, Your have to get under the dash and pull the carpet back and get right in and under with a torch to get it through.

I've installed many so good luck. You wanna Google fitting a subwoofer/amp to a c1 and your prob get a how to come up with pictures and good description what to do.

Original Poster Banned

BagABargain78

Good lord. Please don't. Next you'll be dropping the suspension and … Good lord. Please don't. Next you'll be dropping the suspension and fitting neon under the chassis. Save your money and buy a better car lol :P

​Im 18, i worked weekends a few years back to save up for a car and insurance. But due to my A levels i dont have time to work atm, so c1 will have to do. Also all im doing is changing the speakers and adding some bass.

Original Poster Banned

joecope

You will have a grommet in the fire wall what your loom runs through. You … You will have a grommet in the fire wall what your loom runs through. You wanna use that as the way in to the car, Your have to get under the dash and pull the carpet back and get right in and under with a torch to get it through. I've installed many so good luck. You wanna Google fitting a subwoofer/amp to a c1 and your prob get a how to come up with pictures and good description what to do.

​Thanks for the info, ill just look properly under the carpet and should find it.

HasnainMajeed

​Im 18, i worked weekends a few years back to save up for a car and i … ​Im 18, i worked weekends a few years back to save up for a car and insurance. But due to my A levels i dont have time to work atm, so c1 will have to do. Also all im doing is changing the speakers and adding some bass.

I'm just pulling ya chain. Your money. Your car. Your life. Enjoy the earth shaking sub.

Has the C1 got boot space for a sub? and if your insurance find out that's it's been modified from standard you'll be screwed.
other than that don't spend your money on crap get a speed camera detector instead...yes really.
Edited by: "Mikeygolfgt" 26th Jan

BagABargain78

I'm just pulling ya chain. Your money. Your car. Your life. Enjoy the … I'm just pulling ya chain. Your money. Your car. Your life. Enjoy the earth shaking sub.

My mate had a 107 lowered alloys induction kit the works looked and sounded hilarious. Solid see motors for first car tho. Toyota engine

I'm assuming you have a black box fitted then with being 18 ?
like said your insurance may be void if you fit it and you've told them no modifications.
i had a bit of trouble from Ingenie when they were firing my daughter's black box on her 107 saying the alloys were a modification , but they were factory fitted.
luckily I got a email confirmation from peugeot to show them.

As suggested, you're probably better off looking on youtube for how to wire it up.

To get the best out of your sub I would recommend reading the manual and seeing what gauge wire is suitable for it, don't assume that a wiring kit rated for 'watts' will up to the job as these specs are usually vastly over-rated, the vendors can't lie about the gauge of wire though, and that's what matters.
If you can afford it, don't use CCA (copper clad aluminium) as it's not as good as pure copper, spend a little more, it's worth it, remember that the ground lead needs to be the same gauge as the positive supply.

Don't get too hung up on the quality of the RCA leads for a lower end sub, £10 should be plenty to get a decent enough RCA cable.

Run the RCA cables on one side of the car and the power lead on the other.

Don't blast your bass around built up areas, it annoys people, but also attracts attention to the fact you've got a decent sound system which could end up with it getting stolen.

Do tell your insurance!

I'm a bit older, so it's a long time since I've done any of this, but I feel sorry for the younger generation when it comes to cars and car modifying, so many restrictions to what they can do (rightly or wrongly) all that's really left is getting a decent sound system and maybe some wheels before insurance costs sky rocket, so don't be too hard on them.

Long gone are the days of shoe horning Rover V8's into an old banger.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for the replies, i do have a black box fitted but it was a self fit one that just pops into the obd port. So they havent seen my car. Im going to ask my insurance about adding a subwoofer just incase. Also the speakers i changed yesterday have made a big difference so i might not get a sub.

Original Poster Banned

Insurance company said installing a subwoofer isn't classed as a modification but is covered under audio equipment. So I can install it no problem.

First you get a baseball cap, wear it backwards, recline your seat right back, fit a big fat exhaust to make a broom broom noise, then you fit the sub woofer.
Police love all of this....and will soon want to make friends.

If yo don't tell your insurance company then in the event of an accident you won't be covered, they will deem it null and void as what you insured wasn't the same.

Personally I wouldn't. The dash speakers aren't big enough to give a decent amount of midrange. You would be better off strethening the parcel self with some MDF (making a box section with a quick disconnect and you could add some led lights as well, all painted black) and adding a pair of 6x9's. Will give you an overall more rounded sound.

Original Poster Banned

st8mike

If yo don't tell your insurance company then in the event of an accident … If yo don't tell your insurance company then in the event of an accident you won't be covered, they will deem it null and void as what you insured wasn't the same.

​I've told them and they said it's fine
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522888
    2. Add one, leave one game54415470
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428414665
    4. Xbox One X Console £385 (in-store) @ Interdiscount (Swiss-France borders)23

See more discussions