How to get a Free Blue Peter Badge & which attractions allow 2 or 3 badge holders admission for the price of one adult

Expert (Beta) 13
Posted 15th Jan
bbc.co.uk/cbb…dge

How to get a Free Blue Peter Badge & which attractions allow 2 or 3 badge holders free admission for the price of one adult

Thought it might be a good time to start applications so these arrive in time for the school holidays

My kids having Blue Peter Badges has saved me an absolute fortune over the years so I hope this can help others save too

What is a Blue Peter Badge

A Blue Peter badge is a special award given to Blue Peter viewers and fans. Badge owners can gain free entry into over 200 Blue Peter Badge Attractions around the country, like theme parks, zoos and castles.

You must be aged between 6 and 15 years old to apply for a Blue Peter badge.

Your application could be a letter, poem, picture or story for example, and must also include a message at least 50 words long, explaining which Blue Peter badge you are applying for and why you deserve to be awarded one.

Please put in as much effort as you can - make sure your application stands out from the thousands we receive!

It might take about 10 weeks for your badge to arrive,

Apply for a badge here

bbc.co.uk/cbb…dge

Types of badges

Blue badges are awarded for sending in interesting letters, stories, makes, pictures, poems, good ideas for the programme, and for having appeared on Blue Peter

3389131.jpg
Green badges are awarded for sending in letters, pictures and makes that are about the environment, conservation or nature.

3389131.jpg
Silver badges are awarded to Blue badge holders who go on to make an extra effort. For example, if you won a Blue badge for an interesting letter or email, you could win a Silver badge by sending us something different such as a make, picture or a poem.

3389131.jpg

Orange badges are given to winners and runners up of Blue Peter competitions. To have a chance of winning one of these badges you have to enter a Blue Peter competition.

3389131.jpg
Purple Fan Club badges are awarded for sending in a review of a Blue Peter episode.

3389131.jpg

The Music badge is a very special badge, designed by superstar Ed Sheeran. It's awarded to those who show off their passion for music by learning a new instrument or being part of a musical performance.

3389131.jpg
To gain free entry, badge holders with a valid badge card must be accompanied by a full paying or concessionary adult. If a paying adult is accompanied by up to three children with badges and valid badge cards, free entry will be given for all children.

MY TOP TIP FOR A SUCCESSFUL BADGE APPLICATION

The saving are definitely worth putting some effort in. Get your child to hand write the letter but ensure the Name & Address are clear perhaps write them yourself.

Send photos of your child doing the task they are writing about or send a photo of what they have made something

An idea could be to use this fact sheet to make the famous Tracy Island

bbc.co.uk/cul…pdf

The badge allows free entry with a paying adult to over 200 attractions

However a big bonus is some of the attraction allow two or even 3 badge holders in for the price of one adult

Example Knowsley Safari park allows 3 badge holder in for the price of one adult

bbc.co.uk/cbb…ari

3389131.jpg

Anglesey Zoo allows two badge holder for the price of omen adult plus free return visits for a week

bbc.co.uk/cbb…zoo

3389131.jpg

StoneHenge 2 badge holder for 1 adult

bbc.co.uk/cbb…nge

3389131.jpg
Harewood house 2 badge holder for 1 adult
bbc.co.uk/cbb…use

3389131.jpg
Height of Abraham caverns and caves 2 badge holder for 1 adult
bbc.co.uk/cbb…rns

3389131.jpg
Banham Zoo 2 badge holder for 1 adult
bbc.co.uk/cbb…zoo

3389131.jpg
Whitby Abbey 2 badge holder for 1 adult

bbc.co.uk/cbb…bey

3389131.jpg
The Manx Museum two badge holder for 1 adult
bbc.co.uk/cbb…eum

3389131.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

13 Comments
This is great. Thank you for the post x
parisp15/01/2020 19:36

This is great. Thank you for the post x

Thanks

Its really saved me a small fortune over the years.
myusernamehasgone23415/01/2020 19:39

Thanks Its really saved me a small fortune over the years.

It’s not on deals section. I’m sure it’s been over a year last Rhône chancci posted this
Misslovely15/01/2020 19:41

It’s not on deals section. I’m sure it’s been over a year last Rhône chancc …It’s not on deals section. I’m sure it’s been over a year last Rhône chancci posted this

It’s an on going deal so has to be in discussions. I posted it previously but this time there are lots of placing allowing two badge holders in for 1 adult admission and i’ve included them along with the new badge types
myusernamehasgone23415/01/2020 19:45

It’s an on going deal so has to be in discussions. I posted it previously b …It’s an on going deal so has to be in discussions. I posted it previously but this time there are lots of placing allowing two badge holders in for 1 adult admission and i’ve included them along with the new badge types

Cool. Diggerland is included and so is Blackpool
I have 2 children so I need to crack on as last year I was lazy.
Maybe it will work on top of 2 for 1 which adults can use and get the kids for free
Im going to let you into a little secret...

Ive ALWAYS wanted a Blue Peter badge since i was a kid so i hatched a plan...

In 2015 I made this bird feeder with a washing up bottle and string, sent it to Blue Peter with a letter claiming to be a 8 year old boy that looks after the birds in the winter and 2 months later ... they sent me a Blue Peter badge !!! never been so happy in all my life! Haha

39685087.jpg

& yes i could of just bought one off Ebay but wheres the fun in that!!
Edited by: "SteMoss" 15th Jan
Misslovely15/01/2020 19:52

Cool. Diggerland is included and so is BlackpoolI have 2 children so I …Cool. Diggerland is included and so is BlackpoolI have 2 children so I need to crack on as last year I was lazy. Maybe it will work on top of 2 for 1 which adults can use and get the kids for free

Nope sadly it doesn’t work with discounted admission usually.

Can take a wait for the badges to come through so best to start early.
SteMoss15/01/2020 19:54

Im going to let you into a little secret... Ive ALWAYS wanted a Blue Peter …Im going to let you into a little secret... Ive ALWAYS wanted a Blue Peter badge since i was a kid so i hatched a plan...In 2015 I made this bird feeder with a washing up bottle and string, sent it to Blue Peter with a letter claiming to be a 8 year old boy that looks after the birds in the winter and 2 months later ... they sent me a Blue Peter badge !!! never been so happy in all my life! Haha[Image] & yes i could of just bought one off Ebay but wheres the fun in that!!

I always wanted a badge too but didn’t get one as a kid.

I have to admire your cunning plan

Congratulations on the badge
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 15th Jan

Im going to let you into a little secret... Ive ALWAYS wanted a Blue Peter …Im going to let you into a little secret... Ive ALWAYS wanted a Blue Peter badge since i was a kid so i hatched a plan...In 2015 I made this bird feeder with a washing up bottle and string, sent it to Blue Peter with a letter claiming to be a 8 year old boy that looks after the birds in the winter and 2 months later ... they sent me a Blue Peter badge !!! never been so happy in all my life! Haha[Image] & yes i could of just bought one off Ebay but wheres the fun in that!!

I’m definitely a tad jealous now
Is nothing sacred??

39686938-pljqw.jpg

fanpages15/01/2020 23:50

Also see a previous "Deal" thread by @myusernamehasgone234..."Get your …Also see a previous "Deal" thread by @myusernamehasgone234..."Get your kids a blue peter badge for FREE admission to over 200 attractions, Includes theme parks, Zoo’s, museums & more"

Disappointing that York Maze is no longer included.

They do update and change the attractions and there are new badges too earn too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants