how to get a free tumble dryer if yours was effected by the hotpoint recall

Found 16th May 2016
My tumble dryer was effected by the recall last year and after a 4 month wait someone finally came out to repair it however it failed a safety test and i was told to get in toutch with hotpoint. after four weeks of trying and failing to get intouch via phone and email and their facebook page (they tried to give me a new appointment for a months time to repair it again) i joined a facebook hotpoint group where i was given an email address for the actual CEO of hotpoint. this email address is Darren.Harrison@whirlpool.com after a long email to them stating how unhappy i was i was sent out a free of charge replacement tumble dryer the next week! they have to replace it free of charge 'like for like' so do not settle for anything less. also if you have already payed for your replacement dryer i have heard people have been sucessful in getting a full refund by emailing the same email address this also has worked for people still waiting on appointments for repairs. i hope this helps some some of you!
Community Updates
22 Comments
smithy2106

...i was given an email address for the actual CEO of hotpoint. this … ...i was given an email address for the actual CEO of hotpoint. this email address is Darren.Harrison@whirlpool.com...

Darren Harrison used to be the head of Customer Services for UK & Ireland, then for Northern Europe, prior to becoming Managing Director of Whirlpool UK, then UK & Ireland, before finally being promoted to the Managing Director of Whirlpool & Indesit Netherlands.

Jeff Fettig is the Chairman & CEO of Whirlpool Corporation.
CEO contacts here According to the listing, the email for UK is Maurizio.Pettorino@indesit.com
Thanks. I've emailed David (on holiday at present until 23rd may), jeff and maurizio. Hopefully I'll get a response. My repair was booked in January for August 2016! Basically I refuse to use my dryer and risk house fire as I have 3 kids at home too!! Unacceptable.
Faisalgondal

Thanks. I've emailed David (on holiday at present until 23rd may), jeff … Thanks. I've emailed David (on holiday at present until 23rd may), jeff and maurizio. Hopefully I'll get a response. My repair was booked in January for August 2016! Basically I refuse to use my dryer and risk house fire as I have 3 kids at home too!! Unacceptable.

Did you refer to Mr Harrison as "David" in your e-mail?
I think they need to prepare for a load of extra emails coming their way to look in to just after their holiday. What a nice welcome back.

Yes I intended to do this too and in the process now.
Got a response within minutes of complaint. Booked in for 2nd June. They were giving me this Saturday too but due to personal commitment I couldn't take it
Maurizio forwarded my email to escalation team. So email this guy if you are affected
fanpages

Did you refer to Mr Harrison as "David" in your e-mail?

Do you have an effected tuble, fp?
Saturn

Do you mean a sucessful payed toutch effected tuble?
Saturn

Doesn't everybody?
fanpages

Do you mean a sucessful payed toutch effected tuble?

I don't do the small print if the headline doesn't hit the mark. I was surprised that you let it through the finer filter though.
Spod

Doesn't everybody?

http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/62105/1329642799/DickEmery01.gif

Blimey, that's going back a few years Saturn.

And I've just given away how old I am ...
Faisalgondal

Thanks. I've emailed David (on holiday at present until 23rd may), jeff … Thanks. I've emailed David (on holiday at present until 23rd may), jeff and maurizio. Hopefully I'll get a response. My repair was booked in January for August 2016! Basically I refuse to use my dryer and risk house fire as I have 3 kids at home too!! Unacceptable.

I registered in February, estimated repair due October 2016! I too have emailed all 3 people today.
Good luck. Hope you get an earlier repair like I did
Faisalgondal

Got a response within minutes of complaint. Booked in for 2nd June. They … Got a response within minutes of complaint. Booked in for 2nd June. They were giving me this Saturday too but due to personal commitment I couldn't take it

Who did you email?
I've put in a complaint the times now as I was happy to pay for a replacement as long I'd could get a Graphite (grey) coloured one.

I haven't heard back so sod it, I'm going to ask for it FOC. Anyone got a link to a template letter for this?
got my free replacement this week, nice glass door condenser. just keep nagging them and remind them of the cost of the original fire bomb you purchased. :-)
So my tumble dryer has almost set my house up in flames and when I rang to tell them about it they said call out charges can be up to £181. My first though after paying £180 for the dryer in November surly you should fix it free of charge it still has a years warranty!!! Going to take this further if possible
Hi all, I rang for a repair last year, Nov I think, I was told then that it would be April before I even got an appointment call, they rang me last month to say you will be getting your call in Jan next year for the appointment!! I pointed out the fact that in order to use my dryer as they said to continue to do I would be invalidating my home insurance and would they be covering the cost if my house goes up in flames? Her response was, Ermmmm I think we have a team to deal with that!

thanks everyone for the email addresses I'll get straight onto them
:-)
alexjameshaines

I've put in a complaint the times now as I was happy to pay for a … I've put in a complaint the times now as I was happy to pay for a replacement as long I'd could get a Graphite (grey) coloured one.I haven't heard back so sod it, I'm going to ask for it FOC. Anyone got a link to a template letter for this?

I had my graphite dryer replaced with a white one about 4 weeks ago, paid £59, emailed Escalations & Complaints Team yesterday asking why some are free, got this reply,

Free of charge replacements are given on a case by case basis, for instance when a customer has a disability that may prevent them from following our safety advice.

I would like to reiterate that this is a campaign consisting of modification to dryers, free-of-charge, in order to bring the existing appliances up to today's' safety standards, following an agreed course of action with Trading Standards, not a product recall.

Edited by: "ellenw" 18th May 2016
Bought mine Sept 14, registered it Nov 2015 with repair date of march 2016, now showing April 2017! Not happy at all. My son is autistic and has bowel problems so my washer is always on. Normally I wouldn't be massively bothered but several times I found a sock in the bottom filter (one you have to wash monthly) which has caused it to get hotter than normal so it's more of a risk. I've emailed in but not holding my breath! Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions