Expired

How to get a reclining sofa repaired?

Found 13th Jun 2012
The mechanism has gone in one of the chairs in my 3 seater sofa. I have no idea how to get it fixed or who to go to? Any ideas please?

9 Comments

put sofa on its side there will be a clip in done underneath on the side that doesn't work....hope this helps should just clip back on again

Original Poster

Thanks will get my husband to give it a go!

Original Poster

Ugh, definitely still broken - it's like the one chair has broken from the rest of the settee and I have no idea who to contact.

fruityloops

Ugh, definitely still broken - it's like the one chair has broken from … Ugh, definitely still broken - it's like the one chair has broken from the rest of the settee and I have no idea who to contact.

Where did you buy it from.

Original Poster

Bought it from Harveys about 4 years ago. Tried ringing them and they said I need to contact my insurance company. Also tried DFS and they will only help if we bought it from them and they need an order number or at least an address from their records, etc.

fruityloops

Bought it from Harveys about 4 years ago. Tried ringing them and they … Bought it from Harveys about 4 years ago. Tried ringing them and they said I need to contact my insurance company. Also tried DFS and they will only help if we bought it from them and they need an order number or at least an address from their records, etc.

When we bought our sofa which was about 8 years ago, DFS gave a 10 year guarantee on the moving parts, now I am not sure about Harveys, but they need to offer better advice than that.

Original Poster

I'd better search through the paperwork!

One of the seats on a two-seater recliner settee stays in the open position. Purchased from Land of Leather in 2008. Paid an extra £200 for warranty to cover ANYTHING that went wrong. Land of Leather went in to liquidation in 2009, so warranty totally useless. Any ideas or advice please?

Original Poster

knight48

One of the seats on a two-seater recliner settee stays in the open … One of the seats on a two-seater recliner settee stays in the open position. Purchased from Land of Leather in 2008. Paid an extra £200 for warranty to cover ANYTHING that went wrong. Land of Leather went in to liquidation in 2009, so warranty totally useless. Any ideas or advice please?

That was the problem we had. We used a local firm that did recliner repairs - cost me £75 but that chair now stays closed as the joint is weak but it was better than having to bin the entire settee.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions