Just follow instructions below

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

Original Poster Banned

First choose a proxy from] here. Choose a uk proxy

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zhfntj.jpg

Could you explain this in idiot's terms for me please?
Also, does it affect anything else on your PC?

Original Poster Banned

Jumpingphil;8742618

Could you explain this in idiot's terms for me please?Also, does it … Could you explain this in idiot's terms for me please?Also, does it affect anything else on your PC?

Will only affect spotify. It uses a different IP address, which is assigned to every computer that connects to your network. This uses a private IP as a proxy. Not sure how it blocks adverts but it does :thumbsup:

Cool, have set mine up with a UK proxy. Will see if it plays any adverts :thumbsup:

I read about a method similar to this where you would use a foreign proxy (for a country which does not have Spotify adverts -- e.g. Russia or something like that maybe?) and it wouldn't play adverts, as there weren't any for that country.

P.S. You'll want to use a server with low latency, otherwise it'll take ages to buffer a song.

Edit: Just got an ad >_which proxy do you use Ryman?

Original Poster Banned

oldmanhouse;8742778

Cool, have set mine up with a UK proxy. Will see if it plays any adverts … Cool, have set mine up with a UK proxy. Will see if it plays any adverts :thumbsup:I read about a method similar to this where you would use a foreign proxy (for a country which does not have Spotify adverts -- e.g. Russia or something like that maybe?) and it wouldn't play adverts, as there weren't any for that country.P.S. You'll want to use a server with low latency, otherwise it'll take ages to buffer a song.Edit: Just got an ad >_which proxy do you use Ryman?

IP : 92.52.125.20. Port : 80
The foreign proxy doesn't work as it checks where you live compared to your proxy.
Havent been using it that long, will see if any adverts come on.

Going to delete the comment as I don't want too many people using it,] first result on google

got an advert using that proxy

Original Poster Banned

winifer;8742831

got an advert using that proxy

Still no adverts for me. There's plenty of proxy's on the site, just try another

How does using a UK proxy prevent adverts from being played? :? Surely thats just the same as being in the UK and using Spotify...

Haven't had anything yet with a Chinese SOCKS5 yet... *touches wood*

Original Poster Banned

oldmanhouse;8742903

Haven't had anything yet with a Chinese SOCKS5 yet... *touches wood*

Does it excite you that much :?

Original Poster Banned

InfernoZeus;8742863

How does using a UK proxy prevent adverts from being played? :? Surely … How does using a UK proxy prevent adverts from being played? :? Surely thats just the same as being in the UK and using Spotify...

Not sure. It did until I restart and it went into offline mode :x

Banned

InfernoZeus;8742863

How does using a UK proxy prevent adverts from being played? :? Surely … How does using a UK proxy prevent adverts from being played? :? Surely thats just the same as being in the UK and using Spotify...

I would suppose that most ads are targeted to specific or english speaking countries, and dont bother to waste bandwidth on countries that dont

ryman1000;8742910

Does it excite you that much :?

Certainly does :-D

edit: not anymore. Got that damn Peugeot RCZ advert come up....

Original Poster Banned

Had to go to settings and set it as auto-detect > apply > HTTPS > apply, and banging the dubstep out advertless (so far)

edit : FU BXX advert !

Original Poster Banned

oldmanhouse;8742944

Certainly doesn't :-(edit: not anymore. Got that damn Peugeot RCZ advert … Certainly doesn't :-(edit: not anymore. Got that damn Peugeot RCZ advert come up....

Think as soon as 2+ people use the proxy it's automatically blocked.

Could alternatively listen to grooveshark? Never had an ad listening to that online

Original Poster Banned

cbryanp;8742995

Could alternatively listen to grooveshark? Never had an ad listening to … Could alternatively listen to grooveshark? Never had an ad listening to that online

Not as many songs (for me anyway), and i'll have to re-add all of my playlists
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition851139
    2. telegraph/BA/visittobago comp - win a holiday in tobago22
    3. OnePlus 5T International Giveaway! Gleam11
    4. Win a luxury five-star break for two in London at the Capital Hotel, Knight…11

See more discussions