How to get AirPods mic to work on Windows PC

Posted 8th Jun
Good afternoon all I am trying to connect my AirPods 2nd generation to my windows 10 pc. It has connected but I can’t get the mic to work. Does anybody do how I can get it to work? Thanks in advance will be much appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Mine works with no issues but getting Microsoft teams to cooperate with my airpods rarely works
Have you checked the mic isn’t muted in the volume control on your taskbar?
Is it all applications or just the odd one?
Read this and the links contained within
answers.microsoft.com/en-…62e
tardytortoise08/06/2020 13:55

Is it all applications or just the odd one?Read this and the links …Is it all applications or just the odd one?Read this and the links contained withinhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airpods-mic-not-working/2f091ca9-2d89-44aa-ad6c-59fad36dd62e

All applications.
Diggsy08/06/2020 13:46

Have you checked the mic isn’t muted in the volume control on your taskbar?

I only have the option to change the volume.
Love__Bargains08/06/2020 13:56

All applications.

So follow the advice contained with the link provided and let us know how you get on.
tardytortoise08/06/2020 13:57

So follow the advice contained with the link provided and let us know how …So follow the advice contained with the link provided and let us know how you get on.

I have already tried all of that with no luck but thanks for sharing.
Love__Bargains08/06/2020 13:56

I only have the option to change the volume.

Hmm. I take it they appear correctly in device manager?
Diggsy08/06/2020 14:06

Hmm. I take it they appear correctly in device manager?

In device manager I can see under audio inputs and outputs my AirPods but under microphone it says Realtek high definition audio which I think is my pcs built in one but I can’t change it.
Love__Bargains08/06/2020 14:22

In device manager I can see under audio inputs and outputs my AirPods but …In device manager I can see under audio inputs and outputs my AirPods but under microphone it says Realtek high definition audio which I think is my pcs built in one but I can’t change it.

Hmm, that’s an odd one. Take it you can’t turn off the Realtek one?
Love__Bargains08/06/2020 13:57

I have already tried all of that with no luck but thanks for sharing.

I wish you had told us all in the first place.
Diggsy08/06/2020 14:45

Hmm, that’s an odd one. Take it you can’t turn off the Realtek one?

I have disabled it but the AirPods mic still doesn’t kick in
Hmm. Aside from reboot and try again I’m stumped! Are your Bluetooth drivers up to date?
deals6908/06/2020 13:40

Mine works with no issues but getting Microsoft teams to cooperate with my …Mine works with no issues but getting Microsoft teams to cooperate with my airpods rarely works

I have the same problem with all of my Bluetooth headsets. So just for Teams calls, I use a wired headset.
bozo00708/06/2020 15:21

I have the same problem with all of my Bluetooth headsets. So just for …I have the same problem with all of my Bluetooth headsets. So just for Teams calls, I use a wired headset.

Yeah I just end up using the speaker on my laptop, cant get used to using wired headphones anymore. I've rarely got it to work but it's too much hassle
I had this, updated windows 10 to the latest build and mic started working on windows 10 fine
Post a comment
@
    Text