Groups

How to get apps/ themes for hacked ipod touch

Hi,

i'm now in the possesion of a jailbroken ipod touch 16gb (1st gen, running 2.2.1 firmware) but I'm rather confused about what the benefits are. I'm totally new to this!

I can see that it has themes that can now be set and that there is a cydia app that lets you go online and download other apps/themes but these seem very limited. Is there any other way of getting some of the many apps that are available??

I've also heard you can now download apps to a pc and transfer them to the ipod manually. Is this true, and if so how does anyone know how?

most of the stuff i have seen on cydia looks a bit cack. Are there any other apps i can put on my ipod touch that are similar to cydia, giving a wider choice of what i can install on it?

I also have another icon on my ipod called "installer" but this only seems to have a couple of things on it?? There is also what seems to be a NES emulator installed on it with a ROM of a mario clone (not the original mario game), and also an icon for th game 'DOOM'.

Basically I want to have a proper look at the potential of having a jailbroken ipod before I restore it to the factory settings, but I can't find what i need to do this - an idiots guide of how to make the most of it!! The only sites i've gone on seem to assume that I know exactly what to do with regards to install apps and themes etc.

Can anyone advise on any of the points above!?!
    cheers
    n

3 Comments

for me the best part of being jailbroke is that you can aquire a modified mobileinstallation file, which lets you play cracked apps. I've yet to find an app i would have been happy paying for though.

Also theres a few decent apps, TuneWiki is one of those which i quite like.

Original Poster

matt3454;4844501

Also theres a few decent apps, TuneWiki is one of those which i quite … Also theres a few decent apps, TuneWiki is one of those which i quite like.

whats that then? and where do you get apps like this from?!?

Banned

mate - i am haveing the same problem
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047122
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2037
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767295
      4. Beer experts help required!22

See more discussions