How to get Battle Pass for Fortnite on XBOX

Posted 28th Aug
My 2 sons want me to get them the battle pass for season 4 on Fortnite on the Xbox. They've been good so I'll get it.

How do I do this?

I have the parent account on the Xbox but do I have to buy from the kids profiles logged into the games?

Can I buy 1 battle pass for the console for every one playing on it or would I have to buy one for each of the kids profiles?

I've not purchased before so don't want to mess it up. I'm a noob, lol
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
You can create your own Fortnite account and gift the battle passes or you can log in to your sons account and buy it. The battlepass is linked to the player profile not the console so if they want to play on separate profiles you would need 2. The pass costs £5.99 or 950V bucks, if they reach tier 100 they will earn 1500V bucks so they can use that against the next battle pass.
Azwipe28/08/2020 00:39

You can create your own Fortnite account and gift the battle passes or you …You can create your own Fortnite account and gift the battle passes or you can log in to your sons account and buy it. The battlepass is linked to the player profile not the console so if they want to play on separate profiles you would need 2. The pass costs £5.99 or 950V bucks, if they reach tier 100 they will earn 1500V bucks so they can use that against the next battle pass.

Thank you for that. Good info. But do I buy from the Microsoft store or from the Fortnite game.
pKaTz28/08/2020 07:31

Thank you for that. Good info. But do I buy from the Microsoft store or …Thank you for that. Good info. But do I buy from the Microsoft store or from the Fortnite game.

You would buy it from in the game, but you need to buy the 1000 vbucks from on the Microsoft store first but you can buy them from a menu in the game
Hi. I've bought the VBucks on my parent account and got the battle pass.

I want to gift it to my 2 son's and have added 1st son as a friend and enabled 2fa. It says that I have to wait 2 days before gifting to him.

For my second son I can't add him as a friend no matter what I do. I send a friend request or if he sends me a request it never comes through.

We are on the same console so check by logging out and then next person logging back in.

My second son has an Xbox gamer tag but not an epic name if that makes sense. How can I add him please?
Just an update on this.

I added my first son as a friend and after a long process eventually added my second son. All good so far.

I then had to wait 2 days before gifting the battle pass.

After 2 days I found out that even though I had spent £25 on VBucks I could not gift the battle pass I had already got. I had to pay another £5.99 and buy another battlepass to gift.

So I buy this battle pass for my first oldest son. My other son is moaning about not having the battle pass too. (Kids huh lol 😫)

I am now left with 4300 VBucks and a battle pass I will never use what can I do? I don't play the game.

I contacted epic who say to contact Microsoft. About my error in purchasing 5000 VBucks.

I contacted Microsoft and they actually refunded me. Thanks very much.

So now I can gift the battle pass properly.
Post a comment
@
    Text