Groups

How to get cheap train tickets? (Leicester to London)

Hi everyone,
    Just hoping someone may be able to help me; I have a job interview in London in mid feb. I need to be at the interview for 8.30, but the train prices are awful! (dependant on train times anywhere from £52 - £139!) I've considered driving there, but it's the centre of London.
    And as the night before is valentines day I cannot get a cheap hotel to stay in and then go to the interview from there.
    Does anyone know of any 'park and ride' schemes etc running or whether there are any parkways for the train that would substantially cut the cost?
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

9 Comments

Hiya yes check throgh East Coast. It is almost always the cheapest way

eastcoast.co.uk/

Cheapest i can get by the way for 15th is £44 return

Trainline and Megabus are worth looking at, too. And buy through TopCashBack for a little more off.

Banned

Yeah I went to London (from Leicester) on Tuesday for £50 return. Super Off Peak but not sure what time that starts.

Via Trainline by the way.
    Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 27th Jan 2011

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, will have a look at these now x

Megabus is coming up at £13 for leaving on 16th and coming back on 17th. Try www.megabus.com.

Rhianne

Megabus is coming up at £13 for leaving on 16th and coming back on 17th. … Megabus is coming up at £13 for leaving on 16th and coming back on 17th. Tryhttp://www.megabus.com.

I think Clare's interview is 15th reading between the lines

Original Poster

Oh sorry, fogot to give the date, yes I need to get to London on the 15th
    x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4402052
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1017
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2853
      4. EE Retention Deal S846

See more discussions