Found 8th Oct 2016
Do you really have to buy Infinite warfare to get cod4 remastered?
Will codes for COD4 selling on Ebay work? or dose the Infinite Warfare disc have to be in the PS4 to play COD4?

So many questions... but no answers lol

10 Comments

My mate paid silly money on the store for that new CoD and got it, he didn't obviously have a disc, but when I was reading else where they said you need a disc so its all confusing lol
Edited by: "Toon_army" 8th Oct 2016

Original Poster

i know ... would appreciate if Activision would tell us .... if you do need a disc im going to buy BF1 until they release COD4 by itself..

The early access codes will work without a disc up until the game comes out, but only campaign will work during this time.

Based on what's been published by Activision, outside of the early access period you need either a digital copy of CoD: Infinite Warfare on your account, or the CoD: Infinite Warfare disc.

https://www.callofduty.com/modern-warfare-remastered

*At launch, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered will contain only 10 MP maps from the original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game. Additional MP maps will be made available by 12/31/2016. Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game download. Internet connection required. For disc-based Legacy editions of Infinite Warfare on PS4 and Xbox One, Infinite Warfare game disc must be inserted to play Modern Warfare Remastered. Internet connection required. For more information, please visit callofduty.com/MWR…FAQ

Original Poster

Illusionary

Based on what's been published by Activision, outside of the early access … Based on what's been published by Activision, outside of the early access period you need either a digital copy of CoD: Infinite Warfare on your account, or the CoD: Infinite Warfare disc.https://www.callofduty.com/modern-warfare-remastered*At launch, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered will contain only 10 MP maps from the original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game. Additional MP maps will be made available by 12/31/2016. Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game download. Internet connection required. For disc-based Legacy editions of Infinite Warfare on PS4 and Xbox One, Infinite Warfare game disc must be inserted to play Modern Warfare Remastered. Internet connection required. For more information, please visit http://www.callofduty.com/MWR_FAQ

and im pretty sure ive read that the people who remastered the game said you dont need the disc... its very confusing

Manjit36

and im pretty sure ive read that the people who remastered the game said … and im pretty sure ive read that the people who remastered the game said you dont need the disc... its very confusing

I'd be very surprised if Raven or Infinity Ward would have made any such statement, especially given how closely Activision tend to handle the series' PR, and if they had it would undoubtedly have been more widely reported. If you've got a link, that would be helpful?

Yeah basically you have to have Infinite Warfare to play Modern Warfare Remastered.

Two options currently:
- Buy legacy/pro edition on PSN which includes IW and MW remastered
- Buy legacy/pro edition from retailer where you will need to insert the IW disc to play MW remastered (they know some people would have just sold IW and kept MW remastered)

Hopefully they will bring out MW remastered as a standalone but can't really see it until the next Call of Duty game comes out.

Can currently play on PS4 early access for the single player campaign - but that's only if you pre-ordered.
Edited by: "mark9412" 8th Oct 2016

mark9412

Yeah basically you have to have Infinite Warfare to play Modern Warfare … Yeah basically you have to have Infinite Warfare to play Modern Warfare Remastered.Two options currently:- Buy legacy/pro edition on PSN which includes IW and MW remastered - Buy legacy/pro edition from retailer where you will need to insert the IW disc to play MW remastered (they know some people would have just sold IW and kept MW remastered)Hopefully they will bring out MW remastered as a standalone but can't really see it until the next Call of Duty game comes out.Can currently play on PS4 early access for the single player campaign - but that's only if you pre-ordered.

This answer is the best answer. Long story short, yes you need IW to play MW. NO you can not purchase MW separate.

Original Poster

Illusionary

I'd be very surprised if Raven or Infinity Ward would have made any such … I'd be very surprised if Raven or Infinity Ward would have made any such statement, especially given how closely Activision tend to handle the series' PR, and if they had it would undoubtedly have been more widely reported. If you've got a link, that would be helpful?

can't seem to find it... but im sure one of the heads from raven said it ... i think his name is david rellis or something

Manjit36

can't seem to find it... but im sure one of the heads from raven said it … can't seem to find it... but im sure one of the heads from raven said it ... i think his name is david rellis or something

are you intentionally trying to build up hopes? you can not get MW without IW FACT!!!!! dont care who you think said you can because you cant.

nope you still cant....

and to what ever else your gonna say you still cant.

currently their are no plans to release MW as a separate entity....none...nadda....zip
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4378
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247617
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322855
    4. word association Game74244904

See more discussions