How to get Disney+ app on android box

Posted 25th Mar
Have a generic Android box with 5.1.1 software on it. Decided to try Disney+ but it's not on the app store on the device. I can d/l it on my tablet then go to my history and it's there but it says your device isn't compatible with this version.
Any helps please.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Your android version is too old, you would need to buy a new box or something similar like a Firestick
Try sideloading from apkpure of similar equally questionable source.
AndyRoyd25/03/2020 18:14

Try sideloading from apkpure of similar equally questionable source.

Should have added that i've d/l the latest (and older) apk and it just crashes before installing the app.
burnie200025/03/2020 18:47

Should have added that i've d/l the latest (and older) apk and it just …Should have added that i've d/l the latest (and older) apk and it just crashes before installing the app.

Unlucky. At time of post latest current v1.4.1 is stated to be aimed at Android "5.0 and up", yet Apkpure states it has v1.3.0, but with latest release version date today 25 March 2020. Maybe try another source?
AndyRoyd25/03/2020 18:59

Unlucky. At time of post latest current v1.4.1 is stated to be aimed at …Unlucky. At time of post latest current v1.4.1 is stated to be aimed at Android "5.0 and up", yet Apkpure states it has v1.3.0, but with latest release version date today 25 March 2020. Maybe try another source?

apkmirror quotes four versions, if you're feeling trusting and lucky, and have a decent adblocker.
Works on firestick, nvidia shield and Samsung tv no problem. Going to load Xbox and iPad later to try..

have you tried casting it off your phone to the box or smart tv..
Tried all the apps and no success and yes I know it works on firestick as it's in my bedroom but wanted in on my main TV.

Another question is this, is it posdible to flash a new firmware on the device. It's a Mini-MX box and has an Amlogic s905 chip.
burnie200026/03/2020 18:49

Tried all the apps and no success and yes I know it works on firestick as …Tried all the apps and no success and yes I know it works on firestick as it's in my bedroom but wanted in on my main TV.Another question is this, is it posdible to flash a new firmware on the device. It's a Mini-MX box and has an Amlogic s905 chip.

You can’t upgrade the android version, it’s a Chinese box so they aren’t made in the same way as a Firestick etc so not all apps work as it thinks it’s a mobile phone rather than a tv
Managed to get it working by following & d/l the files in this video
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants