How to get hold of royal mail

Posted 31st Oct
I would please like to ask if anyone knows how to urgently get in contact with royal mail. I have phone their 2 numbers and been on hold for over an hour. I would elaborate my situation but I am really busy unfortuantely. reached out on Twitter too and emailed

appreciate all the help!!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
You could send them a letter.
You really don't have a minute or two to elaborate on the situation? Seeing as you've been on hold on the phone for over an hour I'd have though that you'd have had plenty of time to elaborate a little more.
17 Comments
Here's their complaints number, but I'm sure you already have this: 03457 740 740
You really don't have a minute or two to elaborate on the situation? Seeing as you've been on hold on the phone for over an hour I'd have though that you'd have had plenty of time to elaborate a little more.
They have two Royal Mail twitter accounts, did you try @royalmailhelp ?
They put you on hold for soooo long
Sutto31/10/2019 13:27

They have two Royal Mail twitter accounts, did you try @royalmailhelp ?

Yup tried that thanks
daveyboyuk31/10/2019 13:25

Here's their complaints number, but I'm sure you already have this: 03457 …Here's their complaints number, but I'm sure you already have this: 03457 740 740

Yes tried that hold for over an hour
Haircut_10031/10/2019 13:26

You really don't have a minute or two to elaborate on the situation? …You really don't have a minute or two to elaborate on the situation? Seeing as you've been on hold on the phone for over an hour I'd have though that you'd have had plenty of time to elaborate a little more.

Was on hold whilst I was working in the background
You could send them a letter.
Applied for a christmas casuals job. Got the interview a month later. No ots available. Trying to phone to get info. Training starts next week. Father works there. Trying to secure a job as I do not have one currently
Haircut_10031/10/2019 13:26

You really don't have a minute or two to elaborate on the situation? …You really don't have a minute or two to elaborate on the situation? Seeing as you've been on hold on the phone for over an hour I'd have though that you'd have had plenty of time to elaborate a little more.

Got a spare sec so I elaborated below
By the scruff of the neck (and give em' a good shake!)

That's what I'd do to my postie anyway. He spends more time on his phone than delivering the mail. Not kidding either. He's soooo slow. He stood outside mine one morning for over 10 mins watching a video. Then he does the same after each 'delivery' on street. The old postie used to deliver mail before 9am pretty much guaranteed. This "new-gen" guy can be anywhere from 10am-2pm!

Rant over! Hehe.
deals6931/10/2019 13:57

Applied for a christmas casuals job. Got the interview a month later. No …Applied for a christmas casuals job. Got the interview a month later. No ots available. Trying to phone to get info. Training starts next week. Father works there. Trying to secure a job as I do not have one currently

So, your Dad works there but HE can't put you in touch with someone??? If there were no ots (spots/slots?) available, what info are you after? Can Dad find out for you?
Phsycronix31/10/2019 14:06

So, your Dad works there but HE can't put you in touch with someone??? If …So, your Dad works there but HE can't put you in touch with someone??? If there were no ots (spots/slots?) available, what info are you after? Can Dad find out for you?

My father works different shifts to the people who organise jobs unfortunately and the majority he knows are on holiday too. I believe they may have a couple spaces
deals6931/10/2019 14:15

My father works different shifts to the people who organise jobs …My father works different shifts to the people who organise jobs unfortunately and the majority he knows are on holiday too. I believe they may have a couple spaces

Even so, he must be able to relay a message to someone to find out for you. Why do you think they have places if they have told you there are none? Do you think they are cherry-picking for certain candidates?
Phsycronix31/10/2019 14:20

Even so, he must be able to relay a message to someone to find out for …Even so, he must be able to relay a message to someone to find out for you. Why do you think they have places if they have told you there are none? Do you think they are cherry-picking for certain candidates?

They had no interview slots available even though I got an email saying I got an interview. My dad has tried to no luck.
deals6931/10/2019 14:28

They had no interview slots available even though I got an email saying I …They had no interview slots available even though I got an email saying I got an interview. My dad has tried to no luck.

That's a shame. Odd situation though - send you an interview invitation but no interview available. Bit cruel really. Well, I don't blame you for trying at the very least but if they have no slots...

Hope you have some luck somewhere along the way, deals69. Maybe a personal visit to find out? Might show willing and determination, if anything else?

All the best, Phsy.
Phsycronix31/10/2019 14:34

That's a shame. Odd situation though - send you an interview invitation …That's a shame. Odd situation though - send you an interview invitation but no interview available. Bit cruel really. Well, I don't blame you for trying at the very least but if they have no slots...Hope you have some luck somewhere along the way, deals69. Maybe a personal visit to find out? Might show willing and determination, if anything else?All the best, Phsy.

Thanks alot got the advice seems like a good approach. Found out that their system was really bad and you could turn up without an interview but still get a job
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants