Groups

How to get jeans to fit

There may be no answer, but on the off chance.

About 6 months ago, I bought a pair of ladies tight fitting stretch jeans. Fits perfectly every where except the waist, which is about an inch too wide so the damn thing keeps slipping off me as I walk along and I have to keep pulling me trousers up every 15 minutes, which is a bit embarrassing.

When I tried it on at the store, I didn't really notice that the waist was slightly too big, but it has become more obvious now that I have started to wear it.

Any great ideas on how to stop the jeans slipping off that won't compromise the look of the jeans? I don't really want to wear a belt and I certainly don't want to put on weight just to fit into the jeans!

26 Comments

Stitch some wide elastic to the inside of the waistband from sideseam to sideseam across the back.

Wear 20 pairs of knickers?

I will happily donate you an inch off my waist

Stop using contraception... give it a few months and your be snug as a bug. (Temporarily)

Original Poster

JUSTANOTHERSTAR

Wear 20 pairs of knickers?

Then me bum would be too big for the jeans. Also i wear knickers that are very low cut so the padded area won't be in the right area around the waist. Probably too much information there. Lol X)

You wear them in a hot* bath, the material will shrink to fit your body.

Although, this method may not work as well if they are already "pre shrunk"; an inch of shrinkage is pushing it though.

*As hot as you can take

Banned

Try using a belt

Its a remarkable invention

mutley1

Then me bum would be too big for the jeans. Also i wear knickers that … Then me bum would be too big for the jeans. Also i wear knickers that are very low cut so the padded area won't be in the right area around the waist. Probably too much information there. Lol X)

Naawty

you could cut a little V shape out of the waist belt part of the back of the jeans. (In the middle at the back) and then stitch it back up. It would work much better with a sewing machine but can be done by hand if you have a tough strong needle and stitch it over n over again. I think the elastic suggestion above would be good if my suggestion isn't for you

Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 19th Jan

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

You wear them in a hot* bath, the material will shrink to fit your … You wear them in a hot* bath, the material will shrink to fit your body.Although, this method may not work as well if they are already "pre shrunk"; an inch of shrinkage is pushing it though.*As hot as you can take

I have heard of this before but will the jeans stay shrunk forever? It is stretch material, so I don't know how effective this will work on stretch jeans.

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

Try using a beltIts a remarkable invention

Read the original post. I don't like wearing belts as I find it spoils the look of the jeans.

Banned

mutley1

Read the original post. I don't like wearing belts as I find it spoils … Read the original post. I don't like wearing belts as I find it spoils the look of the jeans.

Well the only way jeans shrink in on a boil wash.

Try harder when shopping about

mutley1

I have heard of this before but will the jeans stay shrunk forever? It … I have heard of this before but will the jeans stay shrunk forever? It is stretch material, so I don't know how effective this will work on stretch jeans.

Ah, I missed the stretch bit; all you can do is try though.

The only other option is to stitch a "tuck", at the back in line "wid da crack"; a small overlap of the waistband to make it slightly smaller. There is usually a seam there, so a small overlap isnt too obvious.

Get your belly button pierced and use a safety pin to hold them up. Simples.

Buy a pair of braces and have the straps go under your blouse.

webtrawler

Blouse...... makes me think of bottom..... 'may I say, that's a smashing blouse you're wearing!'

If you're 'hard' try the staple gun method!

Original Poster

webtrawler

I used to wear braces as a kid but i dont want to do that as an adult. I did think about it but dismissed it.

Original Poster

dereklogan7

Get your belly button pierced and use a safety pin to hold them up. … Get your belly button pierced and use a safety pin to hold them up. Simples.

This sounds painful. I think i'd rather keep on pulling me trousers up. X)

How about one of these? ...

amazon.co.uk/sli…5B6

Not as drastic as a safety pin... multi purpose as can also be used in the house, in the car on the dashboard etc

As an alternative option, if you are handy with a sewing machine you could even fashion said item into... ahem.. ladies undies.

Original Poster

SusieM

Stitch some wide elastic to the inside of the waistband from sideseam to … Stitch some wide elastic to the inside of the waistband from sideseam to sideseam across the back.

I will try gentle giant suggestion of hot water so i will try pouring boiling hot water in the bath tub and see if that has any effect on shrinking them a bit, but as he said, i doubt one inch will be shrinking as this is asking too much. If it does shrink this much, it may then make the jeans too tight else where.

I will then look at stitching elastic waist band on the inside of the jeans. I was thinking, i may be able to get away with doing a band of two inches on both left and right side of the waist line. Hopefully that will be enough and won't show the crease around the waist too much.

I'm short so never find jeans which fit in every single dimension. I did well when there was a fashion for Capri pants a few years ago. Since then not a hope. Jeggings might be the nearest you get to a solution

Tailors ?

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

You wear them in a hot* bath, the material will shrink to fit your … You wear them in a hot* bath, the material will shrink to fit your body.Although, this method may not work as well if they are already "pre shrunk"; an inch of shrinkage is pushing it though.*As hot as you can take

Although it did not reduce the waist by an inch as you had suspected, it did reduce it by half an inch as well as reduce the jeans every where else so it feels tighter now when I wear it.

The jeans now stays on me as I walk and only slips when I bend over

mutley1

Although it did not reduce the waist by an inch as you had suspected, it … Although it did not reduce the waist by an inch as you had suspected, it did reduce it by half an inch as well as reduce the jeans every where else so it feels tighter now when I wear it.The jeans now stays on me as I walk and only slips when I bend over

Can you post a photo of you wearing them that we might be able to help you even more.

Original Poster

webtrawler

Can you post a photo of you wearing them that we might be able to help … Can you post a photo of you wearing them that we might be able to help you even more.

Lol. I didnt actually dare wear them in the hot water as i have a problem with heat. I just poured boiling water into the bath tub and then let the jeans soak in the hot water for a few hours before putting them into the wash.

I will try it again, may be if i keep doing it, it will continue to shrink then it will eventually fit. X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. cats and royal canin biscuits914
      2. Electricity55
      3. Iptv918
      4. Wireless Earphones for Running56

See more discussions