Found 21st Jun 2007
Can anyone help??

Ive dropped my laptop and broke the screen, so can anyone advise as to how to get music off an ipod and backed up to another pc??

Ive got the laptop going to get fixed but dont want to risk them wiping the hard drive so any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

16 Comments

I think you have to delete the song from itunes

Or if you put it onto another computer, open itunes and it should store the songs

Original Poster

emasu

I think you have to delete the song from itunes :)Or if you put it onto … I think you have to delete the song from itunes :)Or if you put it onto another computer, open itunes and it should store the songs

Wont itunes on another pc wipe the ipod when it tries to sync??

sorry to hijack your thread but as you are talking about ipods how do i get a list of the song that are on my ipod to come up when i plug it into itunes?. it used to do it but now i just get a screen telling me how much space i have left.

tracy013

sorry to hijack your thread but as you are talking about ipods how do i … sorry to hijack your thread but as you are talking about ipods how do i get a list of the song that are on my ipod to come up when i plug it into itunes?. it used to do it but now i just get a screen telling me how much space i have left.

Click on the music tab :?

jase.2

Can anyone help??Ive dropped my laptop and broke the screen, so can … Can anyone help??Ive dropped my laptop and broke the screen, so can anyone advise as to how to get music off an ipod and backed up to another pc??Ive got the laptop going to get fixed but dont want to risk them wiping the hard drive so any suggestions greatly appreciated.Thanks

you can use winamp and have the ipod in disk mode

regards

yus786

emasu

Click on the music tab :?

yeah thats what i thought but it wasn't working

tracy013

yeah thats what i thought but it wasn't working

Strange :thinking:

emasu

Strange :thinking:

it's ok i unplugged it and plugged it back in and they are there now thanks

Original Poster

yus786

you can use winamp and have the ipod in disk moderegardsyus786

Thanks, where can i get that from and is it easy to get it to do it?

Advise appreciated

You could always use iDump which allows you to copy all of the songs off of your ipod without changing it into disk mode, its small as well so you can just keep the file on your ipod.

]http//ww…php

jase.2

Thanks, where can i get that from and is it easy to get it to do … Thanks, where can i get that from and is it easy to get it to do it?Advise appreciated

its easy to do yes mate, do a google search for winamp and download the software

then plug the ipod in and then all you gotta do is select all the tunes in the ipod and right click and there should be an option to copy to hardrive

regards

yus786

use sharepod, run it from the ipods hard drive. i use it to transfer music to the ipod since i hate itunes, can also be used to send the music back to the pc as well
sharepod.sturm.net.nz/

Anapod is a good piece of software for using with an ipod... just drag and drop the files... simple stuff :thumbsup:

Only downside is its not free

iPod Access for Windows is one. XPlay is another. Both are good apps.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions