Groups

How to get people to my site?

Hey all, finally got my evening bags business online.

Now the problem is, i dont know how to get traffic to my site. I created a facebook group for people to join and done some seo marketing. Keywords meta-tags. Uploaded products to google shopping.

Anyone know where else i can submit my site or techniques to get people to my website?

Thanks

15 Comments

spam lol

Eez1;8202497

spam lol

not really, since he hasnt told us the name of the site

Banned

pics of micoo?

voucher giveaways?

micoo;8202528

no i meant he/she should spam

Find blogs/forums that are specific to your site and write on them (giving useful information) and include a link at the end. Try to find partners and offer to exchange a link with them - they have a link on your site, you have one on theirs.

Submit to digg, reddit, stumble upon (google's crawlers trawl these often)...

Setup an account on twitter, start following about 80 random people and tweet regularly for a few days with the web address and throw in some blah text like "evening bags business online"....

Basically submit to all high traffic places and piggy back, also google analytics and webmaster tools will help you although it can be a little frustrating... can take up to 3 weeks to start appearing.

Don't over do meta data tags as a lot of web sites see this as malicious seo.
    The more content you have that refers to the correct keywords the higher your ranking will be.

Make sure you put titles and alt information (useful names) on all of the picture files you use...

View your website via a text only web browser to see what the crawler bots see...

Make sure you have a sitemap.xml file either in the root directory or referenced in the robots.txt file.

(I've only been doing this for a couple of weeks and the site I created is doing quite well, got £28 in my adsense account so far...)

Hope that helps.

Banned

say there are boobies on display and the people here will flock to it

micoo;8202528

lmao

sometimes one should think first

don't have a comp were part of the 1st prize consists of a trip on a megabus.

Do something unique/outrageous.

Will get you some column inches in magazines, newpapers and blogs and people will check out your site.

Social media sites as already mentioned would also be a good cheap/free way to advertise.

Original Poster

I made a twitter group yesterday too. I will start there lol.

When people mean exchange links, do i just put a persons link down on my site e.g. www. therelink. co.uk

Not sure what you mean. Is it as transparent as i am making it out?

onsite

title tags are the most important thing, also keywords in your domain name, repeat keywords in your content about 3 times, alt tags on images, keywords in inner page name, meta desc but meta keyword not used so much anymore.

off page - this is all to do with link building / traffic

articles submissions, blog comments, forum sigs, angela and paul link buiding, link exchange, directory submissions.

got to decide on your keywords first though... evening bags? not impossible to do - i got 2 sites to page 1 for 'wholesale bags'

also try google adwords - can send you a voucher if you want for £50 of free clicks - anybody else - sorry - only 1 voucher to give.

Original Poster

I would appreciate that please

Thanks

officegimp;8202810

onsitetitle tags are the most important thing...

Hi I am interested in this too - I have changed some titles on our website, but how quickly will the changes be 'noticed' by Google, as they haven't been yet? Anyone know?

EDIT - have been noticed now & made a difference - thanks for the pointers! & repped

Laffy42;8239098

Hi I am interested in this too - I have changed some titles on our … Hi I am interested in this too - I have changed some titles on our website, but how quickly will the changes be 'noticed' by Google, as they haven't been yet? Anyone know?EDIT - have been noticed now & made a difference - thanks for the pointers! & repped

No problem, happy to help, SEO is what I do for a living for the last 4 years - any more qestions just ask.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon Italy Galaxy S8 UK12
      2. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      3. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      4. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56

See more discussions