How to get Prey on Steam for cheap (in my case 99p)

6 replies
Found 10th Jan 2010
Did you miss Prey whenever it was on sale on Steam, like I did? It's a little known fact that the keys from the original retail copies (NOT VALUE RERELEASES ETC) can be registered on Steam, giving you the full game on your Steam account. This is because the digital service Prey was originally released on, called "Triton", went down, and however negotiations went, the publisher was able to secure this deal for former Triton cutomers and/or retail copy owners. Here's a link about it. storefront.steampowered.com/Ste…=US

Anyway, you can get retail copies off eBay very cheaply, with several used copies going for 99p start bids with free p+p. I just won a copy for 99p, asked the guy just to send me the serial, and it worked. I told him just to throw away the physical copy, so at least he makes some money off the sale himself by not having to ship a useless DVD case.

In short: Prey retail copies have serials that work with Steam. Bag a cheap copy for a cheap Steam game, or wait until Steam get more keys in themselves.

Enjoy!

1. Misc
  2. Steam
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Steam
6 Comments

Banned

Cool thanks already got a copy will try when i get home. Save me putting a DVD in but i think i completed this already. Great story line though.

Original Poster

Got mine downloading, had it for the xbox but I don't have an xbox anymore :P. Better waiting an hour than a week for it to arrive in this flippin' snow!

Banned

Thanks it worked and is only 1.6GB???

Banned

does this have multiplayer if so what scenario, team deathmatch types etc?

Banned

modernwarfarepro;7511926

does this have multiplayer if so what scenario, team deathmatch types etc?

Don't think so but it's an 18 :thumbsup:

Original Poster

It has multiplayer, pretty basic but fun.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244856
    2. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.55
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322810
    4. Leicester sack their manager!33

See more discussions