How to get rid of mould stains?

Found 30th Nov 2017
Hi, I have a lined curtain that has some mould stains on it and I'd like to get rid of them.

In the past I tried bleach on it but it didn't do anything.
Is there anything that can get rid of mould stains on fabric? Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I wouldn't use straight bleach, that will discolour the fabric. Dilute it and keep letting it dry etc. Bleach will get rid of it.
Buy a mould remover - can get "Astonish Mould Remover" from Home Bargains for 99p. Test on a small patch of the curtain first - if there is anything left of them after using bleach!
Van197325 m ago

Buy a mould remover - can get "Astonish Mould Remover" from Home Bargains …Buy a mould remover - can get "Astonish Mould Remover" from Home Bargains for 99p. Test on a small patch of the curtain first - if there is anything left of them after using bleach!

thats pretty cheap, i shall get it next time. I usually get the HG mould remover from B&Q and that costs quite abit
DevilsReaper5 m ago

thats pretty cheap, i shall get it next time. I usually get the HG mould …thats pretty cheap, i shall get it next time. I usually get the HG mould remover from B&Q and that costs quite abit

It's a good product. Used to use the Dettol product but this is equally effective and does not have the smell of hypochlorite.

Use it on shower and just spray and leave it - then rinse off after an hour or so.

Looks like it's in Poundland too. Good reviews on Amazon - amazon.co.uk/Ast…Y16
Edited by: "Van1973" 30th Nov 2017
Van197349 m ago

Buy a mould remover - can get "Astonish Mould Remover" from Home Bargains …Buy a mould remover - can get "Astonish Mould Remover" from Home Bargains for 99p. Test on a small patch of the curtain first - if there is anything left of them after using bleach!

Thanks.

I used it like last year and the curtain didn't suffer any damage
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions