How to get Sky go on tv, casting or a stick or.....?

Posted 26th Feb
I have sky and therefore sky go. I am trying to help a relative use my sky go on their TV. I have tried sky via a tablet or phone, using either hdmi leads or casting but these are blocked via the app. The one way I have found which does work it via a laptop and using a hdmi lead, this is ok but be nice to fulind a more convenient way of doing it. I have looked at the possibility of a fire stick but dont this is supported. Some forums talk of using a firestick but then also a VPN. This would be a but much.

I wondered if anyone had advice or work arounds they use.

thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Have you tried casting from a chromecast
I know this won’t be helpful but the only way we have managed is through the Xbox onto tv x
Pc with hdmi port , £70-100 used pc's with core 2quad or maybe i5 2nd or 3rd gen from ebay does the job
Edited by: "tre_t" 26th Feb
As mentioned by parisp an old games console works very well. My son uses my old PS3. You can pick one up for £50 at CEX, maybe less elsewhere.
Personally wouldn't recommend a PS3 or Xbox 360, they're 13-15 years old and support is bound to be dropped sooner rather than later.
Thanks everyone, yes a old game console is an option I've been looking at. Was hoping there was an easier solution like a stick of some sort but don't think there is.
heedrick27/02/2020 06:05

Thanks everyone, yes a old game console is an option I've been looking at. …Thanks everyone, yes a old game console is an option I've been looking at. Was hoping there was an easier solution like a stick of some sort but don't think there is.

Nope tried most things sky have blocked them.
I'm going through the exact same thing as my Dad has just gone into a home. I've settled on Xbox One S as it is the only consistent thing I have been able to use.

He isn't really mobile so he can do pretty much everything from the controller and get to everything he wants. Plus point is now BT Sport works on there too it would seem!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants