Groups

How to get SKY multiroom cheap?

I'm trying to add sky multiroom to my subscription but everytime I speak to them they try flog me sky q, or make me pay like £10 extra for multiroom. I don't have 4k tv and have no interest in Sky Q atm.

I don't want to pay that because I already have a box upstairs all plugged in and ready to go, I literally just need a viewing card.

Anyone got a tip on how I can get multiroom free upgrade?

Cheers

14 Comments

tell them you are gonna cancel then you get given offers

They've always charged £10 for multi-room. Doubt they'd ever offer multi-room sub for free. They may offer you a discount on your TV subscription though if you tell them you're cancelling.

Multiroom no longer given, they push you to Sky Q

Just take your card out from downstairs and put in upstairs box when need to watch upstairs??.....

Original Poster

alyharry

Just take your card out from downstairs and put in upstairs box when need … Just take your card out from downstairs and put in upstairs box when need to watch upstairs??.....

​This doesn't work since the box is synced to the viewing card.

Yeah they keep trying to flog crappy sky q but I'm just not Interested!

Pair it to your upstairs box.... Then switch again... That's what I do. All it takes is press select when the option comes up on the telly.

scudstrike

Pair it to your upstairs box.... Then switch again... That's what I do. … Pair it to your upstairs box.... Then switch again... That's what I do. All it takes is press select when the option comes up on the telly.

How does that work please

I believe you're able to do it via the app on a mobile or PC, i.e. pair your box to a card, however I found it tricky to do, always said error occurred, call SKY CS.

when my contact was up i said was going got multiroom for £2.50 among other discounts

Like mentioned if you're out of contract just threaten to cancel they will reduce things.
    or if not stump up and pay the 33p a day charge (approx)

Just pack in the lot and now tv boxes for a fraction of the cost ?

scarecrow1960

Just pack in the lot and now tv boxes for a fraction of the cost ?

Best thing you can do, cancel Sky ( the crack merchants of entertainment) and never look back, and watch your bank balance grow....

Original Poster

So does the viewing card method work? What if I Ave to ring sky to get them to do it does that mean the card is linked to box number 2? I can't be bothered ringing them everytime I want to switch boxes X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iptv814
      2. How to cancel Virgin Media?812
      3. Mountain bike £200-£30033
      4. Music download22

See more discussions