Expired

How to get sound with samsung-s23b350 Monitor playing xbox 360?

Found 31st May 2013
Hi guys got this monitor delivered today and got the Xbox connected up to it via hdmi but there's no speakers on the monitor and no wee bit to connect speakers and the only other thing that is there is a vga/ dvi I think it is , anyone any ideas ? Computers and Monitors is not my area but struggling to think how I'm going to get sound , anyone help ? Cheers
Community Updates
8 Comments
Original Poster
Anyone any ideas ? Cheers
If the monitor does not have speakers then you'll need a seperate amp with a suitable connection and speakers.
Original Poster
Argoj

If the monitor does not have speakers then you'll need a seperate amp … If the monitor does not have speakers then you'll need a seperate amp with a suitable connection and speakers.

Thanks for trying to help , the only thing that is there to connect to is the vga , it's not dvi , I got confused so I'm using the hdmi for the Xbox and just the vga left , thinking I'm not going to have sound playing the Xbox on it
VGA doesn't use sound so you have to use a different conenction
Original Poster
liltitch1997

VGA doesn't use sound so you have to use a different conenction

Don't suppose you happen to know if there's some sort of convertor I could plug into vga that could somhow get me sound or connect a set of speakers to ? Thanks
Your best bet would be to buy a cheap/decent set of 5.1 speakers with optical connectors then you can just spdif xbox to speakers and get the most out of the audio experience.

Your xbox will need to have an optical output though...
I have the same problem
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions