How to get started with Nintendo Wii - please help

10 replies
Found 17th Oct 2009
We are looking to get a Wii but just don't know where to start.
What are the essential bits needed to get started (just the 2 of us playing, and really only looking to play Sports/Sports Resort)
Do we need to buy certain controllers separate? What is included with the console?

I know there are so many bundles/accessories out there but we don't know which bits we really need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - rep waiting.

Thanks

10 Comments

Sell It

Banned

sledge hammer

many shops are selling off the old packs but the new pack should contain wii sports/sports resort/one wiimote/one nunchuck and one motion plus controller so on top of the pack you need another wiimote/nunchuck and motion plus to play 2 player on both games.

novelty wears off pretty quickly.

Get the basic package for £140(1 controller, 1 nunchuck)

You then could do with another controller for ~£27(Wii Play which includes a game).
You could also get another Nunchuck for ~£12
Plus a rechargeable battery pack (Two batteries plus charging station) for ~£10

they are good for a bit of fun with mates and for non-serious gamers(like myself)

Banned

hasnt there been or isnt there a wii package with 2 controllers released already with another game included on top of wii sports? for the rrp

if it hasnt come out yet its defintely coming very soon

casparwhite;6605766

hasnt there been or isnt there a wii package with 2 controllers released … hasnt there been or isnt there a wii package with 2 controllers released already with another game included on top of wii sports? for the rrpif it hasnt come out yet its defintely coming very soon

The new base bundle includes the same package as before, but now has Wii Sports resort game, plus a "Motion Plus" attachment. Not another controller.

Original Poster

We aren't serious gamers at all - just want to have something else other then telly in the evenings once kiddies have gone to bed. This seemed the ideal solution - is there any reason why people are against it? I don't want to waste money if it isn't very good.
Are the games fun to play?

Banned

thesaint;6605865

The new base bundle includes the same package as before, but now has Wii … The new base bundle includes the same package as before, but now has Wii Sports resort game, plus a "Motion Plus" attachment. Not another controller.

could of sworn it added another controller but was a while ago i was reading it, and im just working off a ltd memory card:-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769665
    2. BrightHouse to pay £14.8 MILLION in compensation to 249,000 customers68
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…59122
    4. Xbox Code Giveaway - fastest finger first57

See more discussions