How to go about buying/running a scrapyard

Banned 18 replies
Found 22nd Oct 2009
How to go about buying/running a scrapyard

I heard that there are some rules regarding where you can have one? Like it has to be on concrete flooring or something?

Anyone got any info on this?
Regards

1. Misc
  2. Running
17 Comments

Yeah well that sounds about right, go to your local and ask.

Banned

try google, i just stick in opening a scrap yard - lol

Banned

our local scrap yard isn't on concrete its just mud and it has a stream next to it as well where all the oil and petrol drains off into. Though I would imagine new sites would have much higher standards to abide by before getting permission.

Original Poster Banned

cheers for the replies guys, guess its worth a shout with the council.

if u have any near u, no harm goign and enquiring and asking them how they went about opening there's, but tell them your from another county though....

The only rule i know of is you cannot have a sign like this 1-

http://www.politicallyincorrect.me.uk/img/no_pikeys1.jpg

Original Poster Banned

image doesnt work mate.

Banned

transit;6655316

The only rule i know of is you cannot have a sign like this 1-

what, blank?

As far as i know its not easy now, theres alsorts of regs you have to abide by
presumably your local council will help.

Well I wouldn't go and ask at a scrap yard. They tend to be not keen on competition.

there used to loads in leicester but loads have closed down due to rules and regulations
probally a shortage of scrap cars at the minute too and fetching more as scrap due to the government scrappage scheme

Hamm;6656213

image doesnt work mate.

it was withrawn by the mods i think due to its romany nature:x

Banned

you need a horse and cart as a prerequisite

scoot;6657057

there used to loads in leicester but loads have closed down due to rules … there used to loads in leicester but loads have closed down due to rules and regulationsprobally a shortage of scrap cars at the minute too and fetching more as scrap due to the government scrappage scheme

I dont understand, although cars are worth more because of the scrappage scheme, doesnt the owner have to own the car for over a year before you can use the car against the scheme ?

sassie;6652145

try google, i just stick in opening a scrap yard - lol

+1

here I did it for you :roll:

google.co.uk/sea…ard

scoot;6657057

there used to loads in leicester but loads have closed down due to rules … there used to loads in leicester but loads have closed down due to rules and regulationsprobally a shortage of scrap cars at the minute too and fetching more as scrap due to the government scrappage scheme

scrap cars arent where scrap dealers make their main income, its ferrous metals like copper-todays rate for "dry bright" copper was £3.50 per kilo.:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

I'm based close to leicester.
I've found some information on the net, and popped into local council.
But there still isn't much information about it all.
These rules and regulations are what I need.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1423
    2. Money Saving Tips...2342
    3. Which wall design do you like best?1012
    4. Any PS4 News Here29313898

See more discussions