Groups

How to hang a glass photo?

Bought a glass photo a while back to hang in my living room.

Just opened it and saw it has these type of brackets.

amazon.co.uk/Hol…h=1

Never used these before and searched all other the internet and can't find how to hang it on the wall

It weights approx 9kg and is 125 x 50cm.

THanks.

6 Comments

I have used mirror adhesive. It's a mastic and you apply to the back of a mirror. Rest on 2 tack nails in wall till dry. The item you have listed is a hidden picture hook. Seen them before but normally screwed to wall. What you have listed is self adhesive so there is a worry about the surfaces sticking. OK on some I guess but not a plastered wall painted.

Original Poster

wayners

I have used mirror adhesive. It's a mastic and you apply to the back of a … I have used mirror adhesive. It's a mastic and you apply to the back of a mirror. Rest on 2 tack nails in wall till dry. The item you have listed is a hidden picture hook. Seen them before but normally screwed to wall. What you have listed is self adhesive so there is a worry about the surfaces sticking. OK on some I guess but not a plastered wall painted.

Hi sorry if i wasn't clear. the self adhesive hangers are already stuck to the glass photo on the back - one at each side.

Just wasn't too sure how to now fix the photo onto the wall.

So am I right in thinking I would just put a screw or tack in nail at either end and hang it on them?

Original Poster

Im thinking about using these

screwfix.com/p/f…423

Two at each side so 4 in total to support a 9kg glass photo.

Yeah. That's the ones. Surprised it's not included though? What dose it say In package contents

Original Poster

wayners

Yeah. That's the ones. Surprised it's not included though? What dose it … Yeah. That's the ones. Surprised it's not included though? What dose it say In package contents

I think they were supposed to be included but are not in the package. - Was from germany so can't really do much about it.

I will be putting it up on a plasterboard wall do you reckon it will be fine if i find the stud wall and drill a length of wood into a few sections of where the studs are.

And then drill 4 of these mounts (2 on either side) onto the wood and then hang it up?

thanks.

9kg.. Hum. Normally you can just use plasterboard fixings as the weight is all down. Nothing pulling away. You can put a dab of solvent gripfill on the wall plate with the screws to hold, as on paper it should be fine. Better if you can find a stud in wall but that's not going to happen.
    Edited by: "wayners" 2nd Mar
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491
      3. One thing you've forgotten68
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33

See more discussions